• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poopy hay corner

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
We've had Buckley for about a day and a bit now. His hay mound in the corner has a fair few droppings in it. We were thinking we should change it tomorrow... maybe putting his litter tray in the cage in that corner so that he can become acclimatized to it (and so that we can empty it easily).

yay or nay?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I'm just scared of doing the wrong thing and stressing him out.
xoxo

Is the hay wet/damp where the poo's are? If so i'd just put the litter tray in that corner with some hay in it. Buns just dont seem to care about the whole hygiene factor off eating in a pooping zone.

Its probably just a case of when hays going in, poops are coming out.
It doesnt matter where i put my buns hay or whatever i put it in there is always poops in it.

Yep, sounds good.
Mine will poop where ever there is hay! Hay goes in Poop comes out, but they pee in the corners (my 4some seem to have different wee places :roll:)

Try putting a litter tray in with the hay on top and hopefully they will pee there

Yes put the litter tray where he goes toilet. This will often be where there is hay as they like to poo and eat. Put something absorbant in the bottom of the tray and then the hay on top :)

He has really yellow feet, he had them before we got him, is it normal for white bunnies to have yellow feet?
My cat has white paws but his are always pristine (but then he has pads unlike Buckley)

Back