• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

he keeps peeing on my bed what do i do!

shadow05

Mama Doe
hi everyone :wave: :D

ive not posted on here for quite a while ive not needed to because i had no problems with scooter hes been really nice and very happy now but ive got a slight problem with him now its nothing really bad but i dont know how to procede.

he keeps peeing on my bed no matter what i do i cant keep him off it at all. i cant keep changning bed sheets because my moms getting angry about it and i was wondering what should i do.

my mom thought it was a good idea to keep him in his pen for maybe a day or two she thought hed sort of learn his lesson from that but i dont think its right and i while i do think that it would work hes going to be so bored. i dont know what to do can some one help me plz im due to let him out soon.

I don't think shutting him in his pen will make a difference, I could be wrong but I don't think rabbits learn like that. Could you try and keep him off your bed?

I don't think shutting him in his pen will make a difference, I could be wrong but I don't think rabbits learn like that. Could you try and keep him off your bed?

not really he can get up on it easily and hes always been aloud up there so i think if i tried now hed throw a tantrum like he did other day.

hes never peed on my bed before so i dont know why hes started now. i have tarpoling but hell only get fascinated by it and start chewing and digging at it.

when he pees on my bed he digs first and then sprays. all the while im telling him no and its doesnt make a differnce.

I think he's marking territory?
Is he litter trained?

he cud be marking but i dont know why hes doing it really if anything the bed should smell like a mixture of me and him already because he normally flakes out there and of course i sleep there too.

he is litter trained but he does have a couple of accidents but for the most part he is.

Firstly can he get down? Mischa had terrible trouble getting down off my bed and hence we would end up peeing up there cos he was stuck.

Secondly, have you EVER fed him on your bed? Do YOU eat on your bed? If I eat something they like they WILL pee on my bed.

Thirdly, what was the thirdly? Damn my memory, I'll have to come back to this.

I've remembered thirdly. Get a tarp! I used to lay a tarp over my bed when I got up and pegged it (with these big pegs, not normal sized pegs) to the bed frame. Least that way if they did get up there it was easy to wipe off. It's a faff but they seem to realise now that my bed is not a litter tray and I haven't had to do it for about six months.

*is so in for a pee on the bed tonight now*

I bought a bed protector/ mattress protector for my bed. They're for kids who wet their bed and you're supposed to put it on under the bedding to protect the mattress. I put it over the whole bed and the bedding when I had Dexter as he used to pee on the bed. I could just wipe off any pee with a cloth and wouldn't have to change the bedding.

I have no idea how to stop him. :lol:

Is he supervised? If you're in the room just sit on the bed and keep him off it? My two baby buns constantly pee on my bed, now everytime they jump up, I place them back on the floor.

Firstly can he get down? Mischa had terrible trouble getting down off my bed and hence we would end up peeing up there cos he was stuck.

Secondly, have you EVER fed him on your bed? Do YOU eat on your bed? If I eat something they like they WILL pee on my bed.

Thirdly, what was the thirdly? Damn my memory, I'll have to come back to this.

yea he can get down i wish hed use the ottomen to get down but he just jumps of it, i keep thinking hell hurt himself if he carries on.

i have given him treats and some of his pellets before up there and i do eat up there sometimes.

I've remembered thirdly. Get a tarp! I used to lay a tarp over my bed when I got up and pegged it (with these big pegs, not normal sized pegs) to the bed frame. Least that way if they did get up there it was easy to wipe off. It's a faff but they seem to realise now that my bed is not a litter tray and I haven't had to do it for about six months.

*is so in for a pee on the bed tonight now*

i have a tarp the only problem is that it might not protect all of my bed.

Is he supervised? If you're in the room just sit on the bed and keep him off it? My two baby buns constantly pee on my bed, now everytime they jump up, I place them back on the floor.

i do watch him but sometimes u figure oh hes not causing any trouble and u turn ur back for literally a secound and hes already up there and done it already he can be a right ****** sometimes. he doesnt like me holding him in any way and freaks out runs off.

Rimmi peed on the bed when he was younger.

He wasn't allowed in the bedroom for more than a year.

He doesn't pee on the bed..... I don't know why. The only things that have changed is that he has a gf now and hes been neutered.

Rimmi peed on the bed when he was younger.

He wasn't allowed in the bedroom for more than a year.

He doesn't pee on the bed..... I don't know why. The only things that have changed is that he has a gf now and hes been neutered.

i know ive said this before but i find with scooter that if u keep him away from that area in a couple of days he forgets about it and doesnt do it again.

its strange hes never peed on my bed before. hes pooped on it but thats about it.

Can you block off his access to the bed somehow?
Ewww rabbit wee on your bed :mrgreen:

I've forgotten how many times I've had bunny wee on the bed. The most interesting is when they do it at 6am when you are IN it. :roll::roll::roll:

Oh one other thing. Can you work out when he does it and in response to what? the above (at 6am) was them waking me up to give them their breakfast. I started going out and coming back in before giving them breakfast and that cured that.

They are INCREDIBLY smart.

Can you block off his access to the bed somehow?
Ewww rabbit wee on your bed :mrgreen:

no i cant i havent got anything to block him with and he can jump up onto my bed easily.

i know ive had to change my sheets 3 times now.:evil:

Back