• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weigh too much?

Bunni_xx

Mama Doe
They are a lop/lionhead cross and Snowy was 2.54kg and Bugsy was 3.26kg. Is it too much or too little? Xx

My lion head lop x is 3.6kg and is a fine weight I think... But depends what she is crossed with.

Beano is a lionhead X rex and she weighs 2.7kg, depends on the breed/build of the bun :)

It's difficult to tell without seeing them - if you can get a side view of them standing up so you can see their outline, you can tell if they look rabbit-shaped and streamlined, or if they've got a bit of podge sticking out. :lol: It can be tricky to tell without having others to compare with though.

Do you have any photos?

ETA there's a bit of info here too:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Rabbits-703/healthy-weight-bunny.htm

Last edited:
Sound quite hefty to me. My pure bred lion head is 1.56kg, my lion head/dutchy is 2kg dead set, my dwarf lop is 2.26kg and my german lop is 3.54kg. All are healthy weight but Lola the dwarf lop who could do with abit more chub; but he dental disease makes this rather difficult. I'd say they weigh abit much personally, but it does depend on the bunnies build.

Back