• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well tht went horribly wrong :(

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
As told to do so by the vet, had to wash tildas bum, just tried to and she turned round a bit me straight on my cheek!! blood pouring from my face now! I hadnt even started to clean it, just got her in the right position!

lucky im upto date on my tetnus! dnt reli wanna do it again !

My vet said it's much better to brush them, even if it's wee etc. I have to do this for Smoo because she moults very heavily. She also decided to wee on the floor and sit in it. :roll:
I wrapped her in a towel, popped a bit of dried banana in her mouth and then covered her head with the towel so only her bum was poking out. Then I brushed her with a wide cat/kitten brush. Today I got four huuuuge handfuls of fur altogether.

Could you try that? if you hold the fur as you brush it doesn't pull it and you can get all the mats even close to the skin. I've used a plastic human comb in the past and that works well too on the thin fur around the legs.

My vet said it's much better to brush them, even if it's wee etc. I have to do this for Smoo because she moults very heavily. She also decided to wee on the floor and sit in it. :roll:
I wrapped her in a towel, popped a bit of dried banana in her mouth and then covered her head with the towel so only her bum was poking out. Then I brushed her with a wide cat/kitten brush. Today I got four huuuuge handfuls of fur altogether.

Could you try that? if you hold the fur as you brush it doesn't pull it and you can get all the mats even close to the skin. I've used a plastic human comb in the past and that works well too on the thin fur around the legs.

yhh cud try but she actually needs washing shes got urine burns and its all sore! can only think of putting her in the bath, so the water just touches her bum and let her soak it, but i no tts not reccomended

yhh cud try but she actually needs washing shes got urine burns and its all sore! can only think of putting her in the bath, so the water just touches her bum and let her soak it, but i no tts not reccomended

If you do this, put on some old clothes, sit cross legged in the bath. Put her bum in the water and her front paws on your lap. She can hide her head under your arm. Make sure the water is slightly warm and only a few inches high, just to cover her bum. Then you can wash with some animal shampoo. Have you been given anything or advised what you can use by the vet?

I think they find it very stressful, but if she's in pain it obviously needs to be done. After the first wash, and when she's dry, keep on grooming her every day until she's able to do it herself and you shouldn't have to wash her again.

If you do this, put on some old clothes, sit cross legged in the bath. Put her bum in the water and her front paws on your lap. She can hide her head under your arm. Make sure the water is slightly warm and only a few inches high, just to cover her bum. Then you can wash with some animal shampoo. Have you been given anything or advised what you can use by the vet?

I think they find it very stressful, but if she's in pain it obviously needs to be done. After the first wash, and when she's dry, keep on grooming her every day until she's able to do it herself and you shouldn't have to wash her again.

In addition to all of this, I'd advise doing it in the middle of the day; when its warmest. Also, make sure she is completely dry, and give her a snuggle safe (or other appropriate heat source) afterwards.

In addition to all of this, I'd advise doing it in the middle of the day; when its warmest. Also, make sure she is completely dry, and give her a snuggle safe (or other appropriate heat source) afterwards.

okay, i think i will leave it for tonite both me and her are stressed lol! she lovess sitting on a hot water bottle lol so will give her one of them after

Back