• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been offered a rabbit...

I was talking to my friend, Christina, yesterday and she said she was going to her friend, Chloe's house, we are both 15, Chloe is only 12. ;) She was saying how Chloe has a rabbit, a boy named Rexy.

Just so you know. Chloe used to have 2 rabbits who she thought were girls but one morning she went down to the hutch to find lots of dead half eaten baby bunnies in there! :shock: :cry: (rip babies) They got him neutered, don't think mum was spayed though. Then a few months later, mum died leaving rexy a singleton. :( Christina told me they had a spare room so I suggested having him as a house bun, so they had him in the room but after he began eating the walls, he went back outside to his hutch.

Anyway Christina said to me how she felt sorry for Rexy as he never got any attention, me being me said I'd have him. Not really meaning it and my friend knew that and told me Chloe probably wouldn't let me have him anyway but today I got this text:

Were you serious about taking Chloe's rabbit? Because she says she wants you to have him. He's neutered and he is in full health but he is not vaccinated.

:shock: I was quite shocked to be honest and sent this reply:

I'd love to but I'm not sure, it depends if he'd bond with Blossom and what my parent's say. :L Why does she want me to have him?

The reply:

Because she feels she doesn't look after him properly and she is scared to pick him up :/ So he doesn't get any cuddles or company from other rabbits.

:cry::cry: He doesn't have a run either so doesn't get out to play. :( Christina was the one who bought him a toy as he had none. :(

I don't have the space for another right now but feel so guilty that I could make a difference to his life, give him room to run, love and company but I can't. :(

Last edited:
"I don't have the space for another but feel so guilty that I could make a difference to his life, give him space, love and company but I can't. "

As much as you would love to take him on hun, if you don't have the space it is probably better for you and your existing buns if you leave him for now (
Could you not help her to rehome him elsewhere?

I'd say think about it carefully first before making any decisions. But then again - I know what I'm like - i find it very difficult to say no to a bunny in need. But I know I have the space and can afford the extra needed for vaccinations and emergency vets. If you do decide to take him on, I would advice having vet check first. I was told my Poppy had been spayed before I took her on - but she wasn't :roll: I took Pebbles on and two days later paid out over £300 for a tumor to be removed, followed 10 days later by a hernia op.

Aw that's a shame :(
I know its easier said than done, but if you definitely don't have the space and can't do anything, then don't beat yourself up about it! I'd feel guilty too, but its not your fault :)
xxx

I would have a really long think about getting another bun, you must remember you can save them all...I have 16 at the moment and thats me "saving them all":oops:

Also think about health problems, maybe ask if you could take him for a health check at the vet before deciding?:)

If you could make the room for him, financially support him and your other buns and piggies and you feel its right go for it:p

You could always try a bunny date before saying yes?:wave:

Back