• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny making nest?

pepperpot

Warren Scout
I picked up my new bunny yesterday. Obviously she's still settling in as she was a house bunny and now is an outdoor one.
However, this morning I noticed that she had a full mouthful of hay and when I went out to her an hour later, every scrap of hay had been taken into the 'sleeping' quarters and she'd made a nest with it and lots of her fur :shock:
she was never given hay in her last home so this is all new to her.

I'm wondering if this could be stress....she's come from a 1 bunny home.....allegedly :roll: so isn't pregnant.

Here she is...
P1020107.jpg

Quite overweight too, so that will need to be addressed :D

are you sure she has never been with a male just may not be over wait or she might be having a phantom pregnancy hope she is ok

she's a beautiful bunny!

tabby used to do that before she was speyed. and she would show off in front of her neutered brother, pulling her chest hair out and throwing it everywhere....:shock::(

she's better now.

After I rescued Tiesto and Tulip they both did this before they were neutered, scared the living daylights out of me at the time:lol: No pregnancies. Probably best to mention this to your vet before she is spayed, just in case.

Did you say she was a house bun in her previous home? Is it warm enough to put her outside yet, I don't know:oops:

She is super:love:

if shes fur pulling an if shes pregnant she will have them within days, so guess time will tell x

Thanks for the replies........I feel a bit better knowing it can be normal!

She was a house bunny but did go outdoors. however, She's not sleeping outside yet. I have her in the hutch or run in the day and at night she goes in the back porch in a dog crate.........thought I'd harden her off slowly :D

I'm going to have her spayed but I think she could do with losing a little weight before an op :?

Back