PDA

View Full Version : Went to Bleakholt this morn :o(

ripminnie
09-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Well I decided to give my unwanted sack of megazorb and a sack of rabbit royale food (from when we got the buns) to Bleakholt animal sanctuary. So me and my OH went this morning. I burst into tears before we even got out of the car :cry: the motto on the sign said "caring for those who have no-one" . It just made me so sad to think of all those poor abandoned animals with no loving homes :( so we gave them the stuff and had a look around... There were some lovely bunnies, I wanted to give them all a home :( but they seemed to be well looked after and took turns to play out in sunny enclosures with tunnels etc which I thought was nice. I even saw one do a binky :love: if I get any more buns in the future I will definitely rescue some, it really struck a chord with me going there today.

ripminnie
09-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Oh forgot to say, I took a collection box to put on the counter in the chemist where I work, I felt I had to help somehow!! :)

Minimallow
09-04-2011, 04:25 PM
It's nice that the experience has made you want to rescue buns in the future :)
At least they are in a nice place and being looked after. I bet they appreciated the stuff from you

yvette
09-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I dont know your situation, but well done for the collection box.....and get back there soon.Pick out two!!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:wave:

Barn Yard Bunnies
09-04-2011, 04:26 PM
That is the sad thing about rescues. You want to take them all home. That is why I have let the rescues pick the bunny for me, so I have not had to decide.