• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went to Bleakholt this morn :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Well I decided to give my unwanted sack of megazorb and a sack of rabbit royale food (from when we got the buns) to Bleakholt animal sanctuary. So me and my OH went this morning. I burst into tears before we even got out of the car :cry: the motto on the sign said "caring for those who have no-one" . It just made me so sad to think of all those poor abandoned animals with no loving homes :( so we gave them the stuff and had a look around... There were some lovely bunnies, I wanted to give them all a home :( but they seemed to be well looked after and took turns to play out in sunny enclosures with tunnels etc which I thought was nice. I even saw one do a binky :love: if I get any more buns in the future I will definitely rescue some, it really struck a chord with me going there today.

Oh forgot to say, I took a collection box to put on the counter in the chemist where I work, I felt I had to help somehow!! :)

It's nice that the experience has made you want to rescue buns in the future :)
At least they are in a nice place and being looked after. I bet they appreciated the stuff from you

I dont know your situation, but well done for the collection box.....and get back there soon.Pick out two!!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:wave:

That is the sad thing about rescues. You want to take them all home. That is why I have let the rescues pick the bunny for me, so I have not had to decide.

Back