• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wax?

Lola from time to time has a wax build up in her ears, I got stuff to put down them that softens the wax and I clean them with cotton wool, it’s not excessive amounts just a little here and there and the vet isn’t concerned.

I was just wondering if anyone else has a bun with wax build up in their ears?:wave:

Yep, both of mine have a small amount of wax in their ears at the moment discovered by the vet when we went last week for VHD booster. Going to re-assess the situation next week when we go back for the Myxi booster and see if there is any more or less wax in there, the vet wasn't sure if it was mites or not so we'll have a choice of options depending on what the cause is suspected to be.

Yes my Frasier has wax in one ear. I was a bit miffed as my vet said there a bit of build up in one ear but they didn't have any tool small enough to take it out so just leave it. What did you use?

Neither of my lops have ever had wax in their ears that I know of though Mischa does seem prone to ear infections.

Yes my Frasier has wax in one ear. I was a bit miffed as my vet said there a bit of build up in one ear but they didn't have any tool small enough to take it out so just leave it. What did you use?

The stuff I have is called Trizedta and you have to put three drops down both ears twice daily, it cost £22.50 but it lasts for 3 years so it will be worth it in the long run, I normally get the cotton wool and just slowly and gently clean them :)
Lola always lets me know when its time for a clean shes such a clever bun and sits and waits until its all done bless her:love:

Back