• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Buns eat...

Sage and Bay leaves (inc stalks/sticks)??? :wave:

Had a look around the farmers market after work :) Last month i got a little hand made bunny, this week i got 2 bunches of fresh herbs for £1!!!! :shock::D

It will last me ages!

They also had potted herbs all sorts of branches from the allotment association, eeeee I get so excited over things like that :oops::lol:

Sorry for delayed response, time zones etc coming into play.
I've spotted bay or laurel as it is otherwise known as, many times on 'do not feed to rabbits' lists.

Here is the first link I found (it's listed as laurel) -
http://www.adoptarabbit.com/articles/toxic.html#l

Obviously its not referenced & doesn't say how toxic it is.
As your buns only had a nibble I'd probably just phone a vet for advice & observe the buns rather than get into a full blown panic.
Hope all is AOK! :)

Sorry for delayed response, time zones etc coming into play.
I've spotted bay or laurel as it is otherwise known as, many times on 'do not feed to rabbits' lists.

Here is the first link I found (it's listed as laurel) -
http://www.adoptarabbit.com/articles/toxic.html#l

Obviously its not referenced & doesn't say how toxic it is.
As your buns only had a nibble I'd probably just phone a vet for advice & observe the buns rather than get into a full blown panic.
Hope all is AOK! :)

Thank you :) I didnt call my vet, i wasnt worried as they literaly only nibbled the end of the leaf. They all went in the bin last night anyway :wave:

After reading this thread I Googled and there is differing advice on different sites!
Also, apparently, Bay leaves being poisonous to humans is a myth!

After reading this thread I Googled and there is differing advice on different sites!
Also, apparently, Bay leaves being poisonous to humans is a myth!

I agree there is differing advice with some info sources listing Bay & others not.
Have always decided to err on the side of caution re the buns & Bay leaves & just save them for us instead.

Back