• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Twinkle's Stopped Eating

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Poor little Twinkle didnt want any food this morning, not interested in anything whatsoever and just hunched in the corner.

She has been to the vets, no gas or bloat or blockage, but it had all definitely come to a stop :( Her teeth were fine. She has had pain relief, Metaclop and we have given her some Zantac and some Critical Care.

Twinkle has never had stasis before. I dont know whats caused it as she hasnt eaten any grass lately, but over the last month I have noticed neither she nor Star have been as interested in their pellets when we take them. But we put that down to them eating LOTS of hay and the pellets were always gone by the next mealtime, and then they would wolf down their veg. I could tell one of their poos were a bit off as well but as they are a pair its so hard to know which bunny.

I cant think really though what has triggered it.

My Dutchies dont really like being handled or even stroked really but she was good as gold taking her meds and syringe feeding :love:

Just hope she gets over this as quickly as Star did. She is hopping around and has just taken a treat from my OH.

I hope she picks up soon.

With regards to the pellets, did that happen at the start of a new bag?

Possibly it might have done yes, but the other 4 rabbits are on the same pellets and eating them with no problems.

Its is Allen & Page but we do tend to get through a whole sack in the 3 month period.

Sending lots of vibes for Twinkle x

Have they been eating more grass/weeds recently? I think the very lush spring grass can upset their digestion, plus lots of buns are moulting atm, so is can be difficult time of year.

Thank you.

No they havent been having grass since Star got a poorly tum a few weeks ago, as the lawn needs a good mow to cut down the rich spring grass.

The only new things they have been trying are basil and Readigrass, but they are just having them in tiny amounts so far.

I think moulting might be most likely. She and Star have been licking each other for England the last few days.

Last edited:
Thank you. We put the excess Critical Care in a bunny bowl to see if Twinkle wanted to lick it of her own accord - and she has :love: Fingers crossed we got this early and she will be ok.

We've got huge masses of dandelions in the garden at the moment so will see if I can tempt her with some.

Oh Helen, I am sorry Twinkle is not well, really hope she picks up soon, if you need any help just gve me a shout xx

Back