• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We Have Babies!!

FarplaceRescue

Alpha Buck
Towie came into the rescue centre a little over a week ago. She was with an un-neutered boy and so I assumed she was pregnant. She had no bedding - just a little sawdust - on arrival.
I removed the male and gave her lots of bedding.
Today we have babies!! She's not exactly made a nest, but the little ones are slightly covered. There's still lots of bedding she can use, but she's moved it to one side. She's not plucked much fur either.
I know she's had lots of litters in the past. Perhaps she has never been allowed bedding? She's always been left with the male in the past too.
I think she's a bit lost.... But the babies are alive and warm and healthy. Not sure how many yet. pics promised as they grow.

EDIT: just done a quick head count while mum is busy nomming dandelions. There are at least 6 - maybe 7. :shock:

Last edited:
Aren't they cute: :love:
9avril106.jpg

Yes they will - neutered and re-bonded once the babies are weaned. Dad's called Spain. i have congratulated him on his new litter. i haven't told him it will be his LAST litter. That's going to be a surprise...... :lol:

Soooo cute!! I can't wait to see pics as they grow. I can never believe how quickly they get their fur and look like tiny rabbits!! :love::love:

now 13 days old

There are 6. Its official. mum Towie is relaxed and happily nomming hay, and very protective of her little ones - but she still refuses to cover them up. i have given her hay, straw, and shreaded paper, but she prefers them uncovered..... they are doing well though, so Im not worried.

Back