• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance help

millie

Warren Scout
I need some help with the pros and cons of insurance.

I have just taken out a lifetime policy with Pets at Home for my two rabbits at £5.24 a month each.

I don't understand the info on the excess and what they cover.

Any help would be appreciated!

(They have no underlying health problems atm)

I need some help with the pros and cons of insurance.

I have just taken out a lifetime policy with Pets at Home for my two rabbits at £5.24 a month each.

I don't understand the info on the excess and what they cover.

Any help would be appreciated!

(They have no underlying health problems atm)

The excess is what you have to pay per condition. So, if your bunny gets and injury you have to pay the first 75 pounds towards the treatment.

They don't cover routine preventative treatments such as vaccinations, neutering, or dental check ups. Nor will pets at home cover illnesses that result from these such as infections after neutering.

If you don't keep your bunnies' vaccines up to date it may compromise your cover.

I hope this helps :)
xoxo

Thanks :) I'm in the process of getting the vaccinations. They have had myxi then VHD in a couple of weeks. Will ring the insurance company up after they're all done.

I am going to get them neutered after the vaccinations so it's good to know they don't pay for anything if something goes wrong....

So the excess for p@h is £75? Is that the same if I needed to go to the emergency vets at any point?

Back