• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh No! Fight HELP! Going to re-bond at night or tomorrow

whitehood

Warren Veteran
I just visted Jack and Lucky's run and there was fur every where ! :[
Lucky's fine. Jack has a wound on his ear ! :cry:
Im going to wash it with water mixed in with salt then apply sudocrem, is this what I should do ?

Last edited:
How bad is the wound?

Personally I would want him to see a vet, as the wound could abscess-ate from the bacteria in the bite.

I would want them to prescribe metacam and baytril.

Don't know sorry but have you changed anything around/given them something new that might've caused them to fight?

What sized total accomodation are they in overnight?

How much space are they getting when they get exercise?

How long have they had this amount of space?

Stalight:
I'll see how the wound is doing, if there's no sign of healing then I'll call the vets.

Liz:
Haven't changed anything :[ I think the less dominant one must've been humping the dominate one and then the dominant one didn't like it so they started fighting :[

Janice:
They had a scuffle 2 weeks ago, so I restricted them into the mini sized run (its not really a run we made it like a cage). I restricted them so that their bond could grow stronger.
I just checked up on them there was fur in the run.
I usually bring them in the house (kitchen and dining rooms in the evening) but yesterday I never because I was cleaning the run and it was too late.

Janice:
They had a scuffle 2 weeks ago, so I restricted them into the mini sized run (its not really a run we made it like a cage). I restricted them so that their bond could grow stronger.
I just checked up on them there was fur in the run.
I usually bring them in the house (kitchen and dining rooms in the evening) but yesterday I never because I was cleaning the run and it was too late.

Would I be right in assuming that they have been restricted in the mini sized run for the past 2 weeks?

What size is this mini sized run?

Would I be right in assuming that they have been restricted in the mini sized run for the past 2 weeks?

What size is this mini sized run?

Yes, I let them in the house to exercise in the evenings for 3/4 hours,
the size is 5x3

I got my Dad to build a run 6x4 he's half way through making it, the point of making it was so they exercise all the time and move into something bigger permanently.

personally id pop him to the vet for some baytril it might look fine now but a few days time it could be infected. i had to use baytril both times Crystal and Misty had a fall out just to be on the safe side.

If you are trying to encourage them to settle, taking them out and moving them to another area will unsettle them and increase the risk of fighting.

If the run is 5 x 3 you can put a few cardboard boxes in the run which will only accomodate one rabbit so that if they are a bit iffy with each other they can find some shelter.

Personally I would go back and neutralise everything and treat them as if they were a new bond.

I agree completely with Janice's advice, and I would make sure you get Baytril at least, to prevent infection.

Ok,
I'll tell my Dad to move that run into the house.
I'll neutralise that run and neutralise the floor and walls where Its going to be placed.
But I think as soon as they are going to be put in they're going to start fighting :[

I am thinking, I may have this wrong.

Your bunnies were rebonded early on in March and the plan was that you were going to start expanding their space at the end of March. When did you start letting them into the house? How much space have they had? Did you give them access to the garden? How much space in the garden did they have?

Yes they were bonded earlier by Starlight.
I've had them for about 2 months back approx.
They were in the run 2 weeks when they came back.
They were let in the garden slowly 10 minutes together.
Then free range for 3/4 hours.
Then one day they had a scuffle there was fur everywhere that's when I decided to step back and put them back into their run so they could sort out who's dominant and re bond.
They did that, that's when I started putting them in the kitchen and dining room, they were fine.
Then yesterday they must've had a fight yesterday in their run, and I was looking forward to increase their space and building them a bigger run :cry:

Yes they were bonded earlier by Starlight.
I've had them for about 2 months back approx.
They were in the run 2 weeks when they came back.
They were let in the garden slowly 10 minutes together.
Then free range for 3/4 hours.
Then one day they had a scuffle there was fur everywhere that's when I decided to step back and put them back into their run so they could sort out who's dominant and re bond.
They did that, that's when I started putting them in the kitchen and dining room, they were fine.
Then yesterday they must've had a fight yesterday in their run, and I was looking forward to increase their space and building them a bigger run :cry:

Thank you for this, however can you give me some timescales to work on so that I can try and look at what the problem was. The questions are as previously posted. You mention in the above thread that your buns have been back with you for 2 months however according to this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=272422 the bonding was started on 22.2.11 and this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=273917 says that they arrived home on 5.3.11. I am only able to help if you give me accurate and factual information.

How long did you keep them just in the accomodation they were in when they first came home?
What size was this accomdoation?
When did you start letting them into the house?
How much space have they had?
How did you go about giving them space indoors to exercise in?
Did you give them access to the garden?
How much space in the garden did they have?
How did you go about giving them space outside to exercise in?

When exactly did they start fighting?

Is the accomodation they are currently in the same as they were originally in when they first came home from Starlights?

Can you also measure the run and give me the actual size of the run that they are being housed in.

Thank you for this, however can you give me some timescales to work on so that I can try and look at what the problem was. The questions are as previously posted. You mention in the above thread that your buns have been back with you for 2 months however according to this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=272422 the bonding was started on 22.2.11 and this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=273917 says that they arrived home on 5.3.11. I am only able to help if you give me accurate and factual information.
Sorry they've been here for a month
How long did you keep them just in the accomodation they were in when they first came home? 2 weeks
What size was this accomdoation? 5x3
When did you start letting them into the house? a week ago they used to be let into the garden, but since they had a scuffle in the garden i put them into the run and then 2 days later started bringing them inside
How much space have they had? run [5x3] and small garden and kitchen and dining room both large
How did you go about giving them space indoors to exercise in? 3/4 hours
Did you give them access to the garden? yh
How much space in the garden did they have?20 x 20 roughly

When exactly did they start fighting? Yesterday night probably after I checked up on them or very early in the morning.

Is the accomodation they are currently in the same as they were originally in when they first came home from Starlights? No Starlight used a dog crate I bought them home in a big plastic box then put them into the 5x3 run

Can you also measure the run and give me the actual size of the run that they are being housed in.
Jacks in the run and Luckys free ranging in the garden and garage

My original post Your response My latest response

Thank you for this, however can you give me some timescales to work on so that I can try and look at what the problem was. The questions are as previously posted. You mention in the above thread that your buns have been back with you for 2 months however according to this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...d.php?t=272422 the bonding was started on 22.2.11 and this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...d.php?t=273917 says that they arrived home on 5.3.11. I am only able to help if you give me accurate and factual information.
Sorry they've been here for a month Thank you

How long did you keep them just in the accomodation they were in when they first came home?
2 weeks That is good

What size was this accomdoation? 5x3 That is good

When did you start letting them into the house?
a week ago they used to be let into the garden, but since they had a scuffle in the garden i put them into the run and then 2 days later started bringing them inside You mention earlier in this thread that they had a scuffle 2 weeks ago and going from the information above they have had access to the garden for a while, howeve in this thread you said that you were not going to let them out until the end of March http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=274325 post 10. What has more than likely caused them to have afight is that they were allowed far too much space too quickly on to unneutral territory, following their initital scuffle you would have been better to keep them confined instead of then introducing them to yet more territory. Was the new area indoorstotally neutralised?

How much space have they had? run [5x3] and small garden and kitchen and dining room both large This is too much for a pair of male buns who have only come home from being bonded just over a month

How did you go about giving them space indoors to exercise in?
3/4 hours ?? I was looking for lenght of time, area of space, how you introduced them all the space at once or a bit at a time. was the space neutral

Did you give them access to the garden?
yh ??

How much space in the garden did they have?
20 x 20 roughly Are you talking inches, feet, metres?

??

When exactly did they start fighting? Yesterday night probably after I checked up on them or very early in the morning.

Is the accomodation they are currently in the same as they were originally in when they first came home from Starlights? No Starlight used a dog crate I bought them home in a big plastic box then put them into the 5x3 run Is his the same as they are in now?

Back