• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

have you bathed your rabbit before

DUTCH4

Young Bun
:wave: rizzo is moulting big style and I was wondering if it may help by bathing him.
Has anyone bathed their rabbits before?
Do you use warm or hot water?
And how do you get the rabbit use to the water?
Is it ok to bath a rabbit or will it take out any of his natural oils in his fur if i do bath him?

In a word - no :lol:

There should be no need to bath your rabbit and he won't like it :( Regular brushing should help to remove any moulting hair :wave:

I believe bathing rabbits isn't advised because it makes it difficult for the rabbits to regulate their body temperature.

I don't think it would actually help with a moult either, brushing and teasing out loose clumps is your best bet.:wave: we actually have to cut fur from Eli's feet as well to prevent it from matting.

Never, ever bath a rabbit. It stresses them out, won't help with the moulting and may make them ill.

Get a slicker brush and brush out the loose fur once or twice a day instead.

Or, make your hand slightly damp, then stroke in the directionthe fur grows - willl lift off the loose hairs.

Back