• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

24ft x 12ft free garden space UPDATE it's finished (well nearly!)

Bea & Floss

Mama Doe
If you had 24ft x 12ft of free space at the bottom of your garden what would you do with it? :)

Last edited:
Ha ha Tanya, you knew the answers you'd get to that one before you asked it!

:lol::lol:

You're right Helen I asked for it! :lol: Was hoping for something a bit more specific though, keep changing my mind, grassed area for runs, rabbit enclosure with a nice group of buns and then I keep thinking a bit of home grown veg and bunny noms would be nice too, why am I so indecisive :roll:

You're right Helen I asked for it! :lol: Was hoping for something a bit more specific though, keep changing my mind, grassed area for runs, rabbit enclosure with a nice group of buns and then I keep thinking a bit of home grown veg and bunny noms would be nice too, why am I so indecisive :roll:

You could do all that :D

I have an area the same size at the bottom of my garden - too shady to grow veg, so I was thinking of a secret garden hidden by trellis clad with climbing plants - lots of hostas etc - a cool place to retreat to in the summer! Currently it is overgrown with nettles, brambles and bindweed:(

The only problem I anticipate with having bunnies at bottom of the garden is that I hate going to the bottom of the garden in the winter! But then I have a long garden! But if you don't mind having to go to the bottom of the garden in the winter, then more bunnies is always an option:lol:

I have an area the same size at the bottom of my garden - too shady to grow veg, so I was thinking of a secret garden hidden by trellis clad with climbing plants - lots of hostas etc - a cool place to retreat to in the summer! Currently it is overgrown with nettles, brambles and bindweed:(

The only problem I anticipate with having bunnies at bottom of the garden is that I hate going to the bottom of the garden in the winter! But then I have a long garden! But if you don't mind having to go to the bottom of the garden in the winter, then more bunnies is always an option:lol:

I've thought of a similar thing, making a cross between an aviary and a gazebo/pergola that has lots of trellis painted White or cream with roses growing up the outside but then I think bunnies need grass, I don't think grass would work inside,it would just turn to mud :?

Our buns are at the bottom of the garden but it's not a problem as it's not that long:)

Update - work started!

Finally made a decision, not a veg patch or any other silly ideas ...................
Decided it had to be a new bunny enclosure and work is well under way, will post some piccies soon.

Just need to decide what to do inside, any ideas. I hope the buns like it :D

This is it so far, the bit on the right hand side is the buns current avairy which will be knocked down soon

875cad98.jpg

26670ec1.jpg

8f4dd246.jpg

Back