• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG shock of my life!!

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Matildas 12 day old aby has just up't and walked out the nest!!!! its only 12 days old is this right? or has it lost its way x

Matildas 12 day old aby has just up't and walked out the nest!!!! its only 12 days old is this right? or has it lost its way x

Should be in the nest as far as I'm aware- I think now is the time to move it because they can't heat themselves due to lack of fur. They should be in the warmth of the nest.

Someone else confirm this for me first though( RU??)- don't take my advice blindly :) xx

It's fine :) It can see now so that's ok. it can locate it's way back to the nest. Single babies tend to come out earlier and spend time with mum. Now might be the time to adjust mum's setup though, because what she currently has is not too safe for tiny baby joints.

Should be in the nest as far as I'm aware- I think now is the time to move it because they can't heat themselves due to lack of fur. They should be in the warmth of the nest.

Someone else confirm this for me first though( RU??)- don't take my advice blindly :) xx

its gone bk in and out afew times! proper runs out and around mind!

It's fine :) It can see now so that's ok. it can locate it's way back to the nest. Single babies tend to come out earlier and spend time with mum. Now might be the time to adjust mum's setup though, because what she currently has is not too safe for tiny baby joints.

the baby is in an indoor cage with just hay as a base! well and newspaper

the side of the cage is high so baby won't fall out or climb over it just yet, gve tilda a little run area cos obv with the baby moving around tild needs her own space to x

199872_1998409478524_1192116864_2440167_1431289_n.jpg

If its in the bottom cage, then you will be surprised what they can do. Baby is coming out most likely to find mum and when it works out where she is, but can't get to her, it may try 'acrobatics'. I would just worry about lets and paws getting caught in the mesh, that's all.

Mine were coming and running around from the day they opened their eyes and they can be fast, curious and very active for short bursts.

Just a warning :)

If its in the bottom cage, then you will be surprised what they can do. Baby is coming out most likely to find mum and when it works out where she is, but can't get to her, it may try 'acrobatics'. I would just worry about lets and paws getting caught in the mesh, that's all.

Mine were coming and running around from the day they opened their eyes and they can be fast, curious and very active for short bursts.

Just a warning :)

aha yhh was super fast!! will keep an eye, maybe get one of those ramps to go in and out of the cage, and make the pen area more little rabbit friendly !

aha yhh was super fast!! will keep an eye, maybe get one of those ramps to go in and out of the cage, and make the pen area more little rabbit friendly !

Sounds an awesome plan. Just make sure wherever the baby can get to, it can get out of safely too :)

its known at 'it' atm aha! cnt tell if its male of female spose i cud give it a random name for now x

We named ours once the eyes were open. We just chose names we liked so we have a few that are the wrong gender for the name, but they, nor we, care. I have a male Sky, Angel, Star, Hope and Dawn. :lol:

You can choose a nongender specific name if you wish though.

We named ours once the eyes were open. We just chose names we liked so we have a few that are the wrong gender for the name, but they, nor we, care. I have a male Sky, Angel, Star, Hope and Dawn. :lol:

You can choose a nongender specific name if you wish though.

lol ours where chocolate but then we run outs ideas so went to old names like Albert aha ! I like actual names not like flopsie or mopsie or sumet lolx

lol ours where chocolate but then we run outs ideas so went to old names like Albert aha ! I like actual names not like flopsie or mopsie or sumet lolx

Names like Harry, Nick, Nicky can be unisex, and you could adjust the spelling in due course.

Back