• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudgey just died in my arms

HorseyHolly

Mama Doe
:cry:
Went into the playhouse to find him lying down in the corner, so picked him up and saw that he was slowly breathing. Ran up to the house and saw him gasping for breath. Took him in the car to the vets as it would of been too long to get carrier out. Got there the vets immediately took him through the back and he had just died , they think it might of been heart problems since it was so sudden (he was eating and playing about just fine yesterday) :(:cry: Only had him about two months.
I feel like such a bad bunny mum,that's my third in just under a year :(
Binky free my little boy xxx

I'm so sorry Holly... you are NOT a bad bunny mum, it's just that sometimes owners have spates of buns dying and it's because they've all reached a certain age. I really hope you're okay and that Smudgey's bonded pals are okay too.

WHat do you think it was that killed him?

So sorry for your loss :(

You rushed him straight to the vet which was all you could do, so don't feel bad.

Thinking of you.

Binky free Smudgey

Oh no! I don't know what to say! :cry: :cry:

Am so, so sorry. Please don't blame yourself - sometimes these awful things just happen - it's not your fault. :(

Thinking of you and sending you tons of hugs. How horrible for you!

Binky free Smudgey......

I'm really sorry for your loss.

Sadly, losing bunnies is a fact of bunny ownership. In this instance, you reacted in exactly the right way and did all the right things. I lost a rabbit to heart failure in January and it does happen SO quick and even if you catch it earlier, there is still no hope.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this, but remember you had two lovely months with Smudgey and Smudgey had two lovely months with you. That's priceless.

Back