• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Protexin Pro Fibre pellets - opinions?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Do they help rabbits with a history of digestive problems? Are they worth the money? Plus any other opinions please :wave:

Yes, 100%.

Ginger's on profibre to stabilise her gut and assist with putting on/holding her weight. They work excellently.

Yes, they are expensive, but buy 2 tubs from vetuk and you dont pay delivery :wave:

Sky-O also has great experiences with them also.

Yes! Very much so! But it does depend on the problem, I think. I get through a tube every 6 days, which is roughly £40 a month, but its got Wish and Flame to health weights and at a year, they are growing again.

What I personally have found, is that they need more than the one scoop a day. I feed rather a lot over what they suggest you feed.

Not used them in digestive bunnies but have used for Bluebell whilst he's on long term antibiotics and I found they were worth the money.

If you want to try some pm me your address and I'd be happy to send you some.

The pic is very disceptive on vet uk. I was expecting a pot about the size of the avipro one but it was prob about three times that. I only give Bluebell 1 scoop a day.

I feed them along with the Excel everyday and they love them! They have never had any problems and feed them hoping to keep them that way :)

I also buy two at a time from VetUK along with the Excel Herbs!!

Could I be so cheeky as to ask if some kind person would send me a sample please, so I know he'll eat them before I buy a tub ? :oops: :wave:

I used them for Cecily Sweetpea and think that it was really only this and her pain relief that kept her going for so long. I think they are a really good product and add the fibre to keep things moving. She happened to really like them and could often be seen trying to take the lid off the tub and trying to dive in.

My two think of them as treats, it's only really Inca that needs them but i couldn't not giver Herbie them. I think they help my Inca a lot, she is the best weight she has been in ages and she doesn't get runny poo as much as she used to.

I also get them two tubs a time from Vet UK to save on postage & i always go through the fife rabbit rescue link so that they get some funds :)

Sonnet: I can send you a sample if you wanna pm me your postal address x

Not used them in digestive bunnies but have used for Bluebell whilst he's on long term antibiotics and I found they were worth the money.

If you want to try some pm me your address and I'd be happy to send you some.

The pic is very disceptive on vet uk. I was expecting a pot about the size of the avipro one but it was prob about three times that. I only give Bluebell 1 scoop a day.

That would be fantastic, thank you! Our funds are very low at the moment, so I don't want to buy any if Herman won't eat them. :D :D

I'll PM you my address.

I sometimes give Toffee some (The others eat it too) and it has cleared up his mucky bum lovely :D

He usually has a messy bum after having greens and now he has been nice a clean for a while now :love:

I recommend them :thumb:

My two think of them as treats, it's only really Inca that needs them but i couldn't not giver Herbie them. I think they help my Inca a lot, she is the best weight she has been in ages and she doesn't get runny poo as much as she used to.

I also get them two tubs a time from Vet UK to save on postage & i always go through the fife rabbit rescue link so that they get some funds :)

Sonnet: I can send you a sample if you wanna pm me your postal address x

Thank you - just off to PM you :wave:

Will had these when she had excessive caecotrophes.They didn't really help,& at £15 a tub[if I remember rightly]it was a costly excercise but she stayed on them for over a year,until she died,because I would've done anything the vet suggested to make Will's life better,even if I wasn't convinced it was helping.

Back