• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another 'buns going back outside' thread :-)

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave: Now the weather seems to be improving a little, and the bunnies hutch is nearly finished, I'm itching to get them back outside ....... well kind of, I don't want them to go back out because I'll miss them just being 'there' but they just love it sooo much I can't wait to see them with their fur blowing in the breeze and them binkying all over the gaff!!

They've been indoors all winter, in a bedroom with heating ....... do we think its still a little to early to put them outside??

Was initially thinking next weekend or easter weekend??? Or would I be best waiting til May??

In some places the night temps are still dropping really low, especially with sunny days and clear nights. There is still the potential for frosts at the moment so i would wait a bit longer :wave:

I almost lost my Lily through putting her out too soon.The nightsare cold here.I wouldnt...not yet.
Spoil them a bit longer.........xxxxxxx

I almost lost my Lily through putting her out too soon.The nightsare cold here.I wouldnt...not yet.
Spoil them a bit longer.........xxxxxxx

Oh no, that's awful, sorry to hear that - has she made a full recovery?

Hugos there - when are you planning to let yours outdoors?

ok, cool, thanks .... will keep a close eye on the local night time temps over the coming weeks! :)

Mine went out last sunday into their playhouse. That was only because we were having a new boiler fitted and they would have been frightened terribly if they had been inside. I still let them in the house in the daytime though. I leave the back door open for them and give them the choice for the daytime.

I think as long as they have covers on them! and extra bedding they should be oki! x

Problem with my two is that they have access to their run (aviary style) 24 hrs a day and choose to stay sat out all night instead of going in their nice warm bedroom! :roll: (bless em) :roll:

Do we think it may be ok to put them back outside this weekend?? (or possibly next if the hutch isn't quite ready in time).

It might be :) The nights look fairly warm for the next few days but it was only 3 and 5 degrees the other couple of nights despite high temps during the day. I was even concerned for my outside buns as the drop in temp from day to night was so big. But I guess I am a worrier :lol:

Back