• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you bond

Firstly, make sure they are spayed / neutered and 6-8 has passed.

Secondly, make sure you have at least 1 week you can spend with them, dedicated to them.

Then...

100% neutral territory, for 2 buns a space of approximately 4ft x 2ft.

Place buns in said space with NOTHING but hay in.

Humping, nipping, chasing is all normal behaviour. So is ignoring, grooming.

Fighting should be seperated (have some gloves ready, you do NOT want to get in the middle of two buns fighting). Seperate for a count of 10, place attacker bun back in. If ocntinues, seperate and seek furhter advice.

Dont extend the space until they have not fought for ~48-72hrs.

Basics.

Janice hopefully will come along soon along with the other bonders and offer further advice. If you would rather, you can donate to a rescue to bond for you :wave:

Thanks, i may ask the rescue if they could bond them for me. Well thanks

If people could give more advice, thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks, i may ask the rescue if they could bond them for me. Well thanks

If people could give more advice, thanks.

Yes if you are getting them from a rescue most will be happy to bond them for you. They will do the difficult first stage and then you finish it off at home.

Or have you thought about getting an already bonded pair? Will take a lot of the risks out of the situation, as there is no guarentee the two bunnies youve chosen will get on, some bunnies just dont suit each other.

Back