• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scent Glands

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I've never properly cleaned a rabbits scent glands before, but I've noticed recently that Rory, although clean and dry around his back end, stinks :shock: Are there different ways to do it? And should I put a peg on my nose? :?

I try to gently moisten the area with a damp cotton wool bud, and then use a dry one to try and tease out the majority. A pair of tweezers can also be of benefit.

Not my most favourite of jobs:shock::cry::cry:

Best of luck.

Thanks, will try that :) I think I'd best do all the buns scent glands and claws today, thank god they're docile :lol: I'm going to try nick some of those plastic gloves from the petrol station, I have a feeling long nails and scent glands don't mix

I use wet cotton buds, comes out no problem. The smell doesnt bother me too much, I have smelt worse in the toilets at T in the Park!

fragrance free baby wipes are what I use..have to be very careful when doing it as skin is very thin in that area

Back