• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Over Grooming?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
*MODS please move to where you feel relevant if needs be - i couldn't decide on health or behaviour!*

Guys,

Since Ginger's felt better again, she's been grooming Biscuit a lot more :shock:

She's over groomed his left ear, about an inch and a half from the root of his ear downwards, for about the lenght of 2/3 of an inch, and its nearly bald :shock:

Should i worry about this too much, or just leave it to see if it gets any better?

Will call vets if i have to. :wave:

It should be fine for Biscuit.

Has Ginger been ingesting it, as it could be bad for her tummy. She's probably not been, but it's something to look out for.

Short term I can't see a problem with her doing it...but if it's long term then I'd probably talk to someone about it. It's probably just because she's feeling better amd will stop when she gets used to her new found energy. :)

My only experience with barbaring is bunnies that don't have enough stimulation or hay but obviously thats not an issue here, or during bonding (clearly banana on the head to encourage grooming was a little too effective!)

I agree with RubyTed that as long as she's not ingesting it I'd prob not worry too much if its shorterm.

*MODS please move to where you feel relevant if needs be - i couldn't decide on health or behaviour!*

Guys,

Since Ginger's felt better again, she's been grooming Biscuit a lot more :shock:

She's over groomed his left ear, about an inch and a half from the root of his ear downwards, for about the lenght of 2/3 of an inch, and its nearly bald :shock:

Should i worry about this too much, or just leave it to see if it gets any better?

Will call vets if i have to. :wave:

I have woke up today to find exactly the same happened to mylo, capri has groomed his ear so much, most of his left ear is bald :roll: he doesnt seem to be bothered, and she doesnt either. WIll just keep an eye on it though!

Is it overgrooming day on RU?

I woke up to find Charlie has short fur on the top of his head... His hair is normally half way down his back!
Millys clearly decided she wants a well presented husband

Is it overgrooming day on RU?

I woke up to find Charlie has short fur on the top of his head... His hair is normally half way down his back!
Millys clearly decided she wants a well presented husband

I know ginger isnt from honeybunnies so we cant blame them for ginger and biscuit, but could this be something that Milly and Capri have been taught while they were at honeybunnies? :D:D

I know ginger isnt from honeybunnies so we cant blame them for ginger and biscuit, but could this be something that Milly and Capri have been taught while they were at honeybunnies? :D:D

It definatly could be! Milly had to learn all her naughtiness from somewhere :lol::lol::lol:

Back