• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spiders

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I heard a disconcerting story today of a bunny eating a spider and then having to be rushed to the vets. I've seen a huge spider this evening. I tried to kill it with a bin (yes I know I'm a wimp) but I hit it three times and it STILL ran off and now I can't find it :evil:

Weird :?
I like spiders to live near my bunnys. Kills flies, which I'm 1000000x more concerned about incase theyre carrying myxi

Yeah I'm certain my lops have experienced spiders outdoors when they were in hutches. With no ill effects. I'm not really panicking about it (Not from a bunny perspective anyway, just from a wimpy human perspective :oops: )

There used to be a few living in Charlies hutch with him when I had it. If he ever ate one I never knew about it!
I love spiders, they're so cool :love: Plus the scare the hell out of my OH and it makes me laugh when I have to save him from the big ones

I hope the spider will have gone now. Reminds me of a time when Beano was indoors and she dug at her blanket and a huge spider ran out and Beano got it caught in her whiskers! She was pawing at it and it fell out, ran towards me and I hit it with the heavy book on the floor next to me covering up a patch of carpet Beano liked to chew and squashed it, I turn the book over and it's a book on religion and God's creations :shock:

I hope the spider will have gone now. Reminds me of a time when Beano was indoors and she dug at her blanket and a huge spider ran out and Beano got it caught in her whiskers! She was pawing at it and it fell out, ran towards me and I hit it with the heavy book on the floor next to me covering up a patch of carpet Beano liked to chew and squashed it, I turn the book over and it's a book on religion and God's creations :shock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hate killing them and try to save them but when you can't bear to touch them it makes it difficult!!

ugh i hate bugs...:shock: we had an infestation of gigantic spiders one year, i swear they were as wide across as your pointer finger uhhhgggggggggg

Oh no, now I've read this I'm getting paranoid about seeing them here! I used to send my cat in to eat them it was the only thing she could catch! Not sure bunny would be as happy about catching them and rescuing me from them!

Oh dear, how this made me laugh. ( cheered up my bad day)

I've got a special spider catcher tool, complete with perspex box and sliding lid, but I get scared carrying it out to the garden!

Biscuit chases spiders :shock:

I kid you not, they run across the floor and he stamps on them and tries to paw at them.

Then he ate it... :shock:

That was only once though.

a huuugggeeee spider is running around in here right now. i'm not scared of them at all but heck, this big boy made me jump!!!! its currently over in eric's direction........hehehehe wonder if he'd be scared of it (he's scared of most other things:roll:)

Back