• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Cleaning Help! Essex.

Starlight

Warren Veteran
I have just been told by a nurse that I will NOT be able to clean the rabbits for at least 6 weeks post-op.

So I am just asking on here on the off chance that someone could help my mum once or twice a week.

There are 2 hutches which is just a case of empty and disinfect hay boxes, refill them, dilute bleach the lino after sweeping up any stray bedding and clean any bowls & bottles.

One hutch which is empty hay box, disinfect, refill. There is vet bed in there which needs brushing off as much as poss and thrown in the washing machine. Under this is a layer of newspaper which is removed, the lino underneath cleaned, then fresh newspaper (vet bed is normally ready to put back an hour after being on the washing line)

All runs to be swept out of hay. (3, with one being attached to a hutch)

A 16ft kennel to be cleaned of megazorb and hay, swept throughout and bedding/hay replaced.

And then two indoors. One is a pen that is cleaned out the way the lino-ed hutches are. The other is just an indoor cage which is cleaned of megazorb and hay, disinfected and replaced.

I will try and help as much as I can, but have been told the lifting and stretching motions could cause my stitches to come undone or something?

I can pay in wine and chocolate!

Wine and chocolate, I'll be on a train from Aberdeen soon!:lol:
Seriously, I hope you manage to get some help!

If you were closer I'd have helped no problem.
Hope you get some help, and good luck with your op!

Sorry Kris. I can't even offer to foster any of them for you because we're bursting at the seams here. I hope you do manage to get some help though.

Oh, I thought it was in Kingston - I could have helped after work.

The travel across London would just be too much though, sorry. :(

Thank you to everyone who has replied.

Lou, I am having it this Tuesday :shock: (I only found out 10 days ago)

I thought a weeks rest and I could continue as normal, but yesterday was my pre-op and they were adament that minimum was 6 weeks until I can do anything :(

Thank you to everyone who has replied.

Lou, I am having it this Tuesday :shock: (I only found out 10 days ago)

I thought a weeks rest and I could continue as normal, but yesterday was my pre-op and they were adament that minimum was 6 weeks until I can do anything :(

Oh gosh, hope all goes ok, not around next week then off for ten days :) so can lend a hand

That would be amazing! Have you got dates?

I am going to try and keep a diary of the next 6 weeks as to who could help with what dates, to make sure I have it all covered.

And I'll try my best to remember to keep the tea coming! :oops:

You can see the renovated hutches and semi-renovated garden!

I really wish I could help :( if I lived in Essex I'd help for all 6 weeks. Hope you manage to get it sorted!

Best of luck.....with the op,a swift recovery and finding a bunny cleaner..I would offer but, again,distance is an issue.xxxx

have you a college with animal care students nearby? just a suggestion, would be great work experience...:wave:

Ooh Vic are you around this week? I wasn't sure what weeks you had said!

Thank you for the good lucks everyone! I am so nervous :oops:

If you want Vic, you and the boys could come round tomorrow for a while and I could show you exactly how to do things as I go through my daily ritual (apart from the kennel that isn't cleaned daily, but I could show you what I do)

I'd also print complete instructions incase you were a little confused :)

I'm around from wednesday morning onwards. Can't get to you today I'm afraid as I wont be back in the area until very late :( but if you write out instructions and put where everything is (also PM me times when someone will be there to let me in), I'm sure I can muddle through until you're back this way. :)

Back