• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My New Outside Boarding Hutches - Finished

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
To upgrade from the outside hutches I used last year for my boarding, I got some new hutches made and have just finished them in time for our holidaying visitors arrival today.

Meet Twinkle and Dusty - Dusty was adopted from us earlier in the year.

KernowHouseAlmostFinished006.jpg

The theme for these hutches (all our houses have themes :oops:) Is Kernow (Cornwall in Cornish) as they were made by Kernow Pet Housing.

So the black and white cross is the Cornish flag and a hint of cornish blue and cream with a seaside twist.

Quite pleased with my handywork and the bunnies seem to have settled in quite happily.

KernowHouseAlmostFinished013.jpg

KernowHouseAlmostFinished005.jpg

KernowHouseAlmostFinished014.jpg

KernowHouseAlmostFinished011.jpg

KernowHouseAlmostFinished010.jpg

KernowHouseAlmostFinished008.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, they are lovely !!

But did you realise that there is a fish on the roof......... :shock:

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Free fish with every purchase :D (not really)

Want to add an arrow Jane and make it into a weather vane when I get a minute. Always wanted a vane and now have somewhere to put one :)

:lol::lol::lol: Free fish with every purchase :D (not really)

Want to add an arrow Jane and make it into a weather vane when I get a minute. Always wanted a vane and now have somewhere to put one :)

They really are smart hutches and a great size too. Does the company have a website ?

I continue to be amazed & impressed by your lovely housing :love: Very jealous too :D

How did you attach the little blue & white sun shades so that they are fixed at an angle? They are so neat - did you use a jigsaw to cut them?

That's gorgeous - I'm very envious :lol:

Hmm....might have to get an weather vane for the avairy...and maybe a sundial for their gardens.....

They really are smart hutches and a great size too. Does the company have a website ?

They used to Jane but not any more as the guy isn't able to deliver too far afiield. I had to go collect them from Cornwall.

He makes whatever anyone wants but his main line of work these days is fitting kitchens and renovation of houses.

I continue to be amazed & impressed by your lovely housing :love: Very jealous too :D

How did you attach the little blue & white sun shades so that they are fixed at an angle? They are so neat - did you use a jigsaw to cut them?

They're plywood cut out with a jigsaw yes, and then just proped up. I aim to get some of those special cabinet hinges to keep them supported when I can find some.

Lovely Helen, all my lot are asking when I'm planning on having a holiday so that they can come and stay :lol::lol::D

Your hutches are amazing :love:

I know now where I would send my little monsters if I ever managed to get a holiday at some point! ;)

how do you keep them all so clean????? It takes us a whole day to clean our lot and then there is still hay and straw everywhere!

Back