• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slugs.

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
What happens if a bunny licks/eats a slug?
:oops:
I know its probably been asked before, but I done a search and couldn't find anything.

Tah x

slugs are the main carrier of lung worm, if a rabbit were to eat a slug infested with lung worm they could get it too

i use copper slug tape around the base of my runs to keep slugs out

Isn't there an advert at the moment and slugs carrying lung worm. I also use copper around the outside of the run on the base. My gran used to put a line of salt around everything she wanted keeping, plants, rabbit hutches and around the house cos she hated the thought of them getting in through an open window lol

The copper works for a while but you have to keep replacing it as it gets oxidised or tarnishes.

All I know is that slugs can carry meningitis. I don't know if this can be transferred to bunnies. It can be carried to humans via a slug, but only if licked off their fingers, or something similar by mistake.

Isn't there an advert at the moment and slugs carrying lung worm. I also use copper around the outside of the run on the base. My gran used to put a line of salt around everything she wanted keeping, plants, rabbit hutches and around the house cos she hated the thought of them getting in through an open window lol

Does salt stop slugs getting to the hutch??? How does that work???
I want them GONE :evil: I don't want him to get lungworm :shock::(

Yeah I've seen that ad and just mentioned it to OH last night as I wasn't sure if it could affect buns or not!!

Where do you buy your copper from? I'm defo going to get some now I know the buns could be at risk as I have seen the odd slug in their aviary before now!

I think salt dehydrates and kills slugs - or something similar!?!?

Yeah I've seen that ad and just mentioned it to OH last night as I wasn't sure if it could affect buns or not!!

Where do you buy your copper from? I'm defo going to get some now I know the buns could be at risk as I have seen the odd slug in their aviary before now!

I think salt dehydrates and kills slugs - or something similar!?!?

Ok. I'm gonna go put salt round the shed/hut, see if it helps!:)

Back