• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits Are Moulting ! Help!

whitehood

Warren Veteran
There was bundles of fur everywhere in the kitchen and dining room.
Can I brush them to help them moult ?
If yes with what ? I haven't got a pet grooming brush.
Is there anything else I could use temporarily ?
:wave:

You can help. :wave:

I find a damp flannel is the only thing that works. I can't stand brushes so don't use them. Also I pluck my buns bums when they need the help. :wave:

you can help, but you will need to let it run its course, which can be months :wave:

You can wet your hands a little and run your hand across them :wave:

Beano and Gordon don't like to be brushed so most of the time I just stroke them then that gathers the loose fur near their bottom and I then just gather it up off them :) I have a rabbit comb but it looks just like a nit comb if you have one of them?

No I don't have a nit comb < 'nit comb' sounds funny or is it just me ? :lol:
It's actually just Lucky moulting .. There was white fur not brown Jacks tanned.
I'll get a damp cloth and do it that way, that sounds simpler than brushing :D

Oh I love pulling the tufts of hair out! Its like picking a scab! :lol:

Im lucky that Orla loves to be brushed & Rodge hardly ever moults!

Are you sure it is moulted fur and that they haven't just had another fight while you were away? If it's moulted, assuming you have a lop that moults like my Sprocket, then the fur should be in little matts, some with a narrow point of hair. There should also be some loose underfur in his coat. If it's been pulled out the hairs tend to separate easily and look more like loose clumps. plus if it's a lot that has suddenly appeared on the floor them it might point more to fur that's been pulled out, whereas if it's been mainly where he's sat or laid down then that would point to moult. Just my experience.

Yesterday they were sat under the dining table and behind the sofa in the kitchen that's where I found bundles of fur.
Fur due to fighting looks different and is shaped like a arrow its pointy, buut this fur was like a ball of fur.
I'm sure they never had a fight, todayon lucky I saw loose fur so yea
:wave:

Back