• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Rabbit café' in Brighton

Colyflower

Alpha Buck
There is apparently a pop-up 'Rabbit Café' in Brighton on the 18-20 April, see below for details.

http://www.jellymongers.co.uk/news

I can't find much more information on it apart from this link that a colleague forwarded to me. It says there will be a vet present talking about animal husbandry which is good but there will also will be live rabbits there that people can stroke and pet.

Does anyone else know about this and would there be anyone in the Brighton area that's able to check it out?

Great!

Loads of loud people eating and stroking rabbits with food dropping on the floor that rabbits can't eat!

Doesn't get much better than that, does it :roll:

There is an email address on that list if anyone wants to contact them to tell them what they think.

They could have worded this a bit better !!

Visitors are invited to eat Easter-based snacks, pet rabbits and learn about animal husbandry from a qualified vet.

I was going to send an email when I got in from work, think I'll also be telling them about the wording, well spotted Jane. Hopefully no one has actually thought they'd be 'eating' pet rabbits :shock:

I was going to send an email when I got in from work, think I'll also be telling them about the wording, well spotted Jane. Hopefully no one has actually thought they'd be 'eating' pet rabbits :shock:

:shock:
Im confused are they offering people pet rabbit meat ??
When I read Jack's Janes reply .. A "WHAT" came out of my mouth! :evil:

:shock:
Im confused are they offering people pet rabbit meat ??
When I read Jack's Janes reply .. A "WHAT" came out of my mouth! :evil:

No, they just worded it badly. They said that people 'can eat some Easter-based snacks, pet rabbits and...' what they mean is pet the rabbits, as in you get a chance to stroke some live rabbits and buy and eat some snacks at the same time.

I'll let you know if I get a reply from them but I doubt they'll listen as it will be their main selling point. Hopefully the vet will be giving out some rabbit care information leaflets at the same time, if not I'll suggest they do.

No, they just worded it badly. They said that people 'can eat some Easter-based snacks, pet rabbits and...' what they mean is pet the rabbits, as in you get a chance to stroke some live rabbits and buy and eat some snacks at the same time.

I'll let you know if I get a reply from them but I doubt they'll listen as it will be their main selling point. Hopefully the vet will be giving out some rabbit care information leaflets at the same time, if not I'll suggest they do.

Oh,
Lol Thanks,

Back