• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone had a bunny with Polyps that were removed.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Both Ruby and Charlie have nasty Polyps and Mike recently took them to see our vet to see if anything can be done.
Ruby's are on her 'lady bits' and when she wee's they get inflamed and so does the area around the polyps and she has constantly to be kept cleaned and have cream on and we worry about her as besides it being most unpleasant for her we worry about her getting flystrike.
Honor our vet said they can be surgically removed but it's a big Op and really we don't have an option as if the polyps remain Ruby will just keep getting bad infections and end up with severe urine scald so obviously we are going ahead and having them removed.
Charlies Polyps are most serious as they are up his bottom and so they can't remove them, at the moment they are not such a problem but as they grow bigger it will be and we will have a talk to our vet then and see if there is any other road we can go down.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had a rabbit with polyps (they are a bit like bunny piles) and did they have them removed.

Thank You

Maysie
xx

My Jill had some sort of growth removed from her bits before I adopted her...not sure if it was a polyp, but she's been fine ever since

I remember that Louise and Gus's bun (Gus funnily enough :lol:) had anal polyps - if she doesn't see this I'm sure she wouldn't mind you PM'ing her if you want more info. :)

Have seen and replied ;)

You buns sound a bit more of a problem than they were for Gus, as I said in my PM the removal op was really straightforward and he recovered very quickly, but they have grown back :(

Back