• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for Pets Dilemma...

Alfagirl

Mama Doe
So, I ordered the trial pack from Hay for Pets as it looks far less dusty than other hays I've seen.

I let our four try each type last night - and guess what......

The greedy beggars liked them all equally!!!!! :roll: :lol::lol::lol:

Soooooo, which do I buy in bulk???!!! :?

So, I ordered the trial pack from Hay for Pets as it looks far less dusty than other hays I've seen.

I let our four try each type last night - and guess what......

The greedy beggars liked them all equally!!!!! :roll: :lol::lol::lol:

Soooooo, which do I buy in bulk???!!! :?

Meadow/Ings.

Meadow is going down best here this time round :)

It's ssoooooooooooooooo green :love:

My delivery came yesterday lunchtime :)

Meadow/Ings.

Meadow is going down best here this time round :)

It's ssoooooooooooooooo green :love:

My delivery came yesterday lunchtime :)

It's meadow hay they normally have, but thought they could maybe do with something stalkier??

I was so sure there would be one they'd love over the others - but they just went binky crazy and kept jumping from one pile to the next!! :roll::lol:

It's meadow hay they normally have, but thought they could maybe do with something stalkier??

I was so sure there would be one they'd love over the others - but they just went binky crazy and kept jumping from one pile to the next!! :roll::lol:

If you want Stalky....Ings ;) Most of the strands are over 1ft long :shock:

If you want Stalky....Ings ;) Most of the strands are over 1ft long :shock:

Hmmm, maybe I could order the middle size in the Meadow and Ings, then order the bigger one of whichever the buns seem to prefer long term??

Why do flipping rabbits make me so flipping indecisive!!!! :evil::lol::lol::lol:

I have the ings hay currently, will probably get meadow next though. The ings strands are huuuge!

Mine like the Ings hay, it's lovely and stalky, they prefer it even to Timothy hay and get very excited when I put a fresh lot in. The strands are quite long as Graham said but doesn't matter at all, they'll sit there and nibble it from one end to the other and they have to make an effort to pull the strands out which also keeps them busy.

Hmmm, maybe I could order the middle size in the Meadow and Ings, then order the bigger one of whichever the buns seem to prefer long term??

Why do flipping rabbits make me so flipping indecisive!!!! :evil::lol::lol::lol:

i went for the 1.8 of each to test. They preferred Ings, so i bought a 1.8 of meadow and a 4.8 of ings. They now decided they prefer meadow, so i've ordered a 4.8 meadow and a 1.8 ings :lol:

i went for the 1.8 of each to test. They preferred Ings, so i bought a 1.8 of meadow and a 4.8 of ings. They now decided they prefer meadow, so i've ordered a 4.8 meadow and a 1.8 ings :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
This genuinely made me laugh out loud!!!

My lot are fickle little things so no doubt they'll love Meadow until 'Daddy' come home - then it'll be whatever he gives them!!

Traitors!!

:lol::lol::lol:
This genuinely made me laugh out loud!!!

My lot are fickle little things so no doubt they'll love Meadow until 'Daddy' come home - then it'll be whatever he gives them!!

Traitors!!

I'm sure it'll chop and change constantly :roll:

So far my 2 have had the sample of Ings and the sample of Timothy and Rye, they werent impressed with the Timothy and Rye :shock:

Shouldn't that be "chomp"??!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes :lol:

They are both sat in the litter tray demolishing the handful of meadow i have put in there :)

It's seriously as green as grass this bag :love:

I emailed Graham & Ann last night to say thank you :)

Yes :lol:

They are both sat in the litter tray demolishing the handful of meadow i have put in there :)

It's seriously as green as grass this bag :love:

I emailed Graham & Ann last night to say thank you :)

Sound promising!!

Do you know how quick their delivery times are? Just I had to wait a week for the trial pack?

Sound promising!!

Do you know how quick their delivery times are? Just I had to wait a week for the trial pack?

If you order the larger packs, they come by courier and take 3-5 days from order date.

The RM one's can take slightly longer (the samples and 1.8's)

I order mine Thursday and it arrived on Wednesday :)

Back