PDA

View Full Version : Myxi Jab

MilosMummy
07-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Milo has his Myxi jab on the 26/10/10. Does he need a 6 month booster or will he be ok until October again? He is a house bunny and never goes outside.

GrahamL
07-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Yes, he should have his 6 monthly booster :wave:

House bunny, outdoor bunny, no differene. You can bring Myxi indoors with you on your feet, clothes etc.

angelica p
07-04-2011, 01:05 PM
i get stans every 6month the vet will tell you

BattleKat
07-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I would always get them done every 6 months. :)
You still get mosquitos and other biting insects inside, in fact most of the mossie bites I get tend to be indoors. It's just not worth the risk imo.

If one of my buns contracted myxo because I didn't bother with a 15 jab I'd be devastated.

Colyflower
07-04-2011, 01:44 PM
My vet said I shouldn't need to get a Myxi booster but I'm undecided as to what to do because a lot of people here say that they get a booster. They had theirs in mid March so it will last till mid September. I would like your thoughts on this as well, to boost or not to boost?

GrahamL
07-04-2011, 01:47 PM
My vet said I shouldn't need to get a Myxi booster but I'm undecided as to what to do because a lot of people here say that they get a booster. They had theirs in mid March so it will last till mid September. I would like your thoughts on this as well, to boost or not to boost?

booster. for the reasons i've already said and BattleKat has also.

MilosMummy
07-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Thanks :wave: I will get it booked in over the next week or so. It doesn't matter if it is a week or so short of 6 months does it? Just I will be away when the 6 months comes around.

GrahamL
07-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Thanks :wave: I will get it booked in over the next week or so. It doesn't matter if it is a week or so short of 6 months does it? Just I will be away when the 6 months comes around.

No :wave:

The protection doesn't just 'stop' :)