• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi Jab

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Milo has his Myxi jab on the 26/10/10. Does he need a 6 month booster or will he be ok until October again? He is a house bunny and never goes outside.

Yes, he should have his 6 monthly booster :wave:

House bunny, outdoor bunny, no differene. You can bring Myxi indoors with you on your feet, clothes etc.

I would always get them done every 6 months. :)
You still get mosquitos and other biting insects inside, in fact most of the mossie bites I get tend to be indoors. It's just not worth the risk imo.

If one of my buns contracted myxo because I didn't bother with a £15 jab I'd be devastated.

My vet said I shouldn't need to get a Myxi booster but I'm undecided as to what to do because a lot of people here say that they get a booster. They had theirs in mid March so it will last till mid September. I would like your thoughts on this as well, to boost or not to boost?

My vet said I shouldn't need to get a Myxi booster but I'm undecided as to what to do because a lot of people here say that they get a booster. They had theirs in mid March so it will last till mid September. I would like your thoughts on this as well, to boost or not to boost?

booster. for the reasons i've already said and BattleKat has also.

Thanks :wave: I will get it booked in over the next week or so. It doesn't matter if it is a week or so short of 6 months does it? Just I will be away when the 6 months comes around.

Thanks :wave: I will get it booked in over the next week or so. It doesn't matter if it is a week or so short of 6 months does it? Just I will be away when the 6 months comes around.

No :wave:

The protection doesn't just 'stop' :)

Back