• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunsk and Belle are getting a new setup!

chul

Staff member
In their own bedroom!

They will be getting the dog crate moved in there, and (I havent told OH yet) but I plan on having them never shut in it.

I have C&C grids to put round the furnatire to hopefully stop Belle chewing, and once the piggies go outside in the summer, they will only have to share the room with the hammies, who take up no floor space! :lol:

The spare bed is being taken apart and put away, along with all the junk, and hopefully they will be much happier having all the space.

My only worry is Belle and the carpet. Shes a digger! So need to get something to go over the carpet maybe? Ideas?

Hey,
That's great
Maybe try lino - maybe that's to much so try the rubber matting that's been mentioned quite a few times here on this forum.
:wave:

Who's Bella :shock:
You have another bun I thought it was only Bunsk ! :O:love:
If you have time can you post some pics of them :)

In their own bedroom!

They will be getting the dog crate moved in there, and (I havent told OH yet) but I plan on having them never shut in it.

I have C&C grids to put round the furnatire to hopefully stop Belle chewing, and once the piggies go outside in the summer, they will only have to share the room with the hammies, who take up no floor space! :lol:

The spare bed is being taken apart and put away, along with all the junk, and hopefully they will be much happier having all the space.

My only worry is Belle and the carpet. Shes a digger! So need to get something to go over the carpet maybe? Ideas?

Biscuit + Lino = :love:

He gave up digging in the lino after a few days, when he realised he just falls off it :lol:

He still likes his litter tray to dig in though... :roll:

Biscuit + Lino = :love:

He gave up digging in the lino after a few days, when he realised he just falls off it :lol:

He still likes his litter tray to dig in though... :roll:

So could I put lino over the carpet without sticking it down?

That's exactly what I did, but instead of a dog crate I have a little enclosure of NIC panels, and put more of these round the bottom of the room to stop the buns eating the wallpaper :roll: Honey was a digger too so I was also worried about the carpet, but she hasn't even touched in and they've now been in there a month! :D I think with all the extra space and Olly for company, she's not bored anymore so doesn't feel the need :) you might find the same thing hopefully! :wave:
They don't get shut in at all though, we just have a baby gate inside the door to keep them from running out if we don't want them to :)

That's exactly what I did, but instead of a dog crate I have a little enclosure of NIC panels, and put more of these round the bottom of the room to stop the buns eating the wallpaper :roll: Honey was a digger too so I was also worried about the carpet, but she hasn't even touched in and they've now been in there a month! :D I think with all the extra space and Olly for company, she's not bored anymore so doesn't feel the need :) you might find the same thing hopefully! :wave:
They don't get shut in at all though, we just have a baby gate inside the door to keep them from running out if we don't want them to :)

She dug the carpet after being out in our bedroom all night, so she had lots of space :lol: :roll:

So could I put lino over the carpet without sticking it down?

Get the lino too big for the room then have it up the corners, PUt something along the edges to stop it being dug out :)

NB: Bunnys like to eat lino sometimes... :shock::roll:

Get the lino too big for the room then have it up the corners, PUt something along the edges to stop it being dug out :)

NB: Bunnys like to eat lino sometimes... :shock::roll:

Would carpet tiles/samples be better?

I'm not 100% that she will dig, but I could easily get some (I already have a couple) of carpet squares to place in the corners?

Would carpet tiles/samples be better?

I'm not 100% that she will dig, but I could easily get some (I already have a couple) of carpet squares to place in the corners?

You can do that. If its Biscuit like however, she may just dig in the middle of the carpet, for fun ;)

Alternatively, you could lay down cheap carpet over your carpet. You can get the cheap office carpet (no pile, important!) and put it over the top :D Its like £4/sqm :D

You can do that. If its Biscuit like however, she may just dig in the middle of the carpet, for fun ;)

Alternatively, you could lay down cheap carpet over your carpet. You can get the cheap office carpet (no pile, important!) and put it over the top :D Its like £4/sqm :D

Brill! I will try the cheapest option first! :lol: :oops:

Back