• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny manicure - wish me luck!

scotlass

Mama Doe
Today I will be attempting to trim Miss Roxy's nails for the first time :shock:

Until now, she has had them done when she's been at the vet, but a 60min round trip and £10 for trimming doesn't make sense when I can do it myself. I bought some scissor type clippers yesterday so today is the day and I'm really nervous about it!

Wish me luck - gulp.

Hold her firmly and get it over with quickly!!

Its the black nails that worry me - the ones where you can't see the vein.

I did all mine last week, but nicked one of Ra's back nails - OMG there was blood everywhere (or so it seemed), and when I got the cornflour out to stop it, we ended up in a cloud of it - Ra was really miffed:lol:

Good luck!

I find a good light helps. I usually sit by the window and use a head torch. Flour on standby is a good trick too. :thumb:

All my three have black nails and it's a nightmare!

I'd never cut any until last week, when I slightly nipped the end of Eli's quick - I was near tears!
His nails are so huge that I can't do them with the bunny nail clippers you buy, I had to get dog ones. :shock:

I'd never cut any until last week, when I slightly nipped the end of Eli's quick - I was near tears!
His nails are so huge that I can't do them with the bunny nail clippers you buy, I had to get dog ones. :shock:

Lol :lol:

I have dog ones too. Masses easier to use than bunny ones where you have to thread your fingers through holes every time you pick them up.

I have dog ones too. Masses easier to use than bunny ones where you have to thread your fingers through holes every time you pick them up.
I prefer the bunny ones for my girls who have much smaller nails, it's just those stupid little holes that are annoying - who do they think are using those things? midgets and toddlers?

Trimming nails is always a 2 man job in our house- one to hold and one to cut. I find it makes it much easier!

I prefer the bunny ones for my girls who have much smaller nails, it's just those stupid little holes that are annoying - who do they think are using those things? midgets and toddlers?

Exactly. I saw some with even smaller holes to the ones I was using previously. I was like :shock: I know I don't have piano fingers but honestly!!

Back