• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Base for free range house bunnies?

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Do you have a base for your free range house bunnies? :wave: I never have for mine but it makes me feel a bit mean! I've tried them with blankets and cushions but they only get weed on :roll:

I was thinking of getting a waterproof dog bed and putting fleece over it? Anyone done this?

Or are they ok just roaming as they are? They tend to just flop out wherever they like :roll:

i like B&G to have their dog crate. It's 'their' space where i can't be. If they feel threated for any reason (cat coming into the house!) they would run back there, and have done in the past if somehting has startled them, so im sure they feel 'safe' having a place to go.

i like B&G to have their dog crate. It's 'their' space where i can't be. If they feel threated for any reason (cat coming into the house!) they would run back there, and have done in the past if somehting has startled them, so im sure they feel 'safe' having a place to go.

I was thinking about giving them the dog crate but if the bond continues as it's going I don't think all 10 will fit in it :shock:

I was thinking about giving them the dog crate but if the bond continues as it's going I don't think all 10 will fit in it :shock:

Can just imagine all those noses and bums squeezing through the bars!!

Oscar and Sea have the dining table to hide under and behind. I took the dog crate out as they never went in there.
I now just use the big metal tray from the base of the crate to put their litter trays and food bowls on, as it catches any stray wee and Oscar likes to poop as he munches his pellets:roll:

I don't have a made base now but they do have areas that they have 'claimed' as theirs. N&S are often to be found asleep under a small table that's covered with a blanket and M&M are often to be found in the area where their tunnel, duvet and bedside table converge or asleep under their little chair.

Back