• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Questions!

Hey,

Is it normal for a bunny to click/grind their teeth? Penelope is occasionally grinding her teeth, mostly when i stroke her head. Is that normal?
She's never done it before, just since last week after her spaying. Am wondering if its because she was being syringe fed last week, and not chewing her normal hay or toys. However she is now back to the normal eating and chewing her toys (and my shelf!:lol:), but occasionally will still grind her teeth. Any ideas??
Fliss :)

As far as I know it can be one of two things.
Teeth grinding, which is a sign of pain, or tooth purring, which is when they're happy.
I guess her body language and behaviour at the time would determine which it was!

If she's doing it when you stroke her, it'll be her happy noise - like the equivalent of cats purring :)

(Unless you're stroking her somewhere painful of course - but you'd know about it if you were!)

Back