• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

8x6 shed with some damp floor boards- anyway to sort for buns?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Is it safe to lino over this and put some buns in or should i think of an alternative idea? The floor boards are okay mostly, but there is one or two that i noticed are slightly damp. Also a swallow nests in this shed- would that be dangerous to the rabbits- it got frantic when i went in to the shed to get a couple of things out.

Thanks.

Can you wait until the swallow has finished nesting, and then get in there properly to find out what is making the floor damp?

Personally I'd want to sort out the damp before putting anybun in there.
I think if you cover it with lino it will trap the damp, and probably just get worse. It'll probably be easy to rectify.
Damp wood will get wet rot which will give off spores.

Can you wait until the swallow has finished nesting, and then get in there properly to find out what is making the floor damp?

Personally I'd want to sort out the damp before putting anybun in there.
I think if you cover it with lino it will trap the damp, and probably just get worse. It'll probably be easy to rectify.
Damp wood will get wet rot which will give off spores

:thumb:

Mould and mildew comes to mind, mould spores can be toxic.

I wouldn't put anybun near that shed until it had a) had the floor ripped up and relaid and b) moved away from the source of the damp.

Back