• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you save money on your hungry money bunnies? :)

i dont think i understand the qeustion?

Do you mean how do you save money on food, or vet bills or something?

grow your own? Forage and dry foods. Get the free newspaper and use that to line your litter tray. Buy a bale of hay. Reduce pellets (obviously if they are healthy/can maintain thier weights ect)

not sure why you deleted post
but if you put down what you usually feed and use for beddign and cleaning we may be able to help

General..ask friends family for old newspapers for hutch.

Buy a supermarkets cheap vinegar..in Asda about 13 p a bottle..and use that for disinfecting litter trays etc..rinse well

Which pellets/mix do you use? Wagg Optimum are ususally cheaper than most other ones and are good quality..buying a larger bag and storing in a sealed container can save quite a bit.

Ask neighbours if they can give you any veg cuttings/outer leaves of veg that they may throw away..aslong as they are not mouldy and you rinse them they will be fine

If you have friends who visit and like to see the bunnies ask them to bring a carrot with them if they want a cuddle!!

Going to find your own free greens is a good idea but do not pick weeds from along roadsides where councils will have sprayed..be careful about where dogs could have pee'd ..and check you know what you are picking

grow your own? Forage and dry foods. Get the free newspaper and use that to line your litter tray. Buy a bale of hay. Reduce pellets (obviously if they are healthy/can maintain thier weights ect)

These are all things that have greatly reduced my outlay.

Back