• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More pics of my big bond

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Every bun looks a bit bedraggled I know :oops: there's been a far amount of peeing going on as you can see by the state of the floor!

DSCI1200.jpg

DSCI1201.jpg

DSCI1204.jpg

DSCI1205.jpg

I've just cleaned the floor up and put a couple more litter trays in with megazorb in the hope it'll dry them off a bit, obviously they might start getting a bit territorial over the new trays :shock: so holding my breath a bit!

DSCI1206.jpg

:shock: wow!!!

I keep wondering about bonding 8... gives me some hope!!
Keep me posted with how it goes and maybe one day I will be brave enough to try!! Are all yours similar temperament? I have 6 friendly and 2 grumps kept in 2 pairs and a 4!

Can you imagine how mobbed you're going to get when you walk in with food or a bag of treats?!

Can you imagine how mobbed you're going to get when you walk in with food or a bag of treats?!

Yes, how are you going to manage dishing out the crunchies?! I have enough trouble making sure Jess gets to eat a whole one without Joejoe nicking it out of her mouth so 10 will certainly be a challenge!! You're brave!

They look gorgeous, I love lots of bunnies all snuggled together :love::love:

:shock: wow!!!

I keep wondering about bonding 8... gives me some hope!!
Keep me posted with how it goes and maybe one day I will be brave enough to try!! Are all yours similar temperament? I have 6 friendly and 2 grumps kept in 2 pairs and a 4!

My girls can all be very grumpy with us hoomins, but they are so submissive and nervous when faced with strange bunnies. All 4 boys wanted to be dominant in their separate group bonds but when they have come together only Max seems to want to run around and hump everybody, the other 3 aren't so bothered.

Lilith was so quiet and submissive when I bonded her with Max but she has caused the most trouble so far with lots of bum biting :lol:

It will amazing if they stay bonded because they'll get the run of the whole house :D I have to admit I wasn't holding out much hope on it working

A genuine 'unloaded' question...

How do you monitor input and output when keeping Buns in large groups :?

Input is fairly easy :wave:

(sorry pressed reply too early there!)

Output - I can tell the difference mostly between whose poos are whose, and I keep a close eye for physiological signs - e.g. when Harvey has had bloat I've caught it in the early stages every time.

It is more difficult than pairs though, but only 2 of mine are 'newbies', the others I know well, which is why I feel confident to do it, as I know what they are like normally so can 'read' them :wave: I would never advise anybody to put 10 bunnies together they didn't already know.

Last edited:
And here was me worrying over bonding two pairs :lol: Looks promising :)

I know you put me to shame Nicola :oops:

The Bunny Whisper works her magic again. I will deffinately have to move you in to mine for a week or two to do my lot. I've still not got the boys done though so its quite a way off yet. Just no spare money :evil:

I know you put me to shame Nicola :oops:

The Bunny Whisper works her magic again. I will deffinately have to move you in to mine for a week or two to do my lot. I've still not got the boys done though so its quite a way off yet. Just no spare money :evil:

It's too exciting :D Lily has just had a little strop again but the others are fine

Back