• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

DIY people i need help

willowflower27

Mama Doe
Ok so i have a 6ft by 4ft hutch a 8ft x 6ft shed and a 6ft by 4ft run (i'll be making that bigger) my plan is to somehow attatch all the pieces together my question is how?
i am a total DIY disaster but my budget to spruce everything up and buy an extra run is around £150 i have all the space its just how to make it accesible.
I plan to put lino on the floor and some hidey holes and platforms in the shed but again how do i do this.
may sound daft but i have no clue where to start?

Without being too sure exactly what you want to join and where, I can only suggest that you try to join the run to the shed using either flat metal braces or brackets. These would just require you to screw one side of the bracket to the run, place it where you want it to join the shed and screw the other side of the bracket to the shed.

I'd advise 2 -3 brackets per join.

It's hard to tell without seeing photos or diagrams - the suggestion above seems reasonable though - do you not have anyone who could help you?

To join them together the best way is to put several screws through the run and into the hutch.

Platforms can be made easily by buying decking squares from B&Q or wickes and then attaching some legs to them :)

For the lino you can just lay it on the floor and then pin it down at the edges using either timber battons or carpet fixing metal strips.

As above. Also check out other peoples pictures of sheds/playhouses and get some inspiration :) Thats what I did, if im not sure how to do something, i go to the local DIY shop and get ideas. I wasnt sure how to get my internal door to open inwards and outwards, we sorted that one between us :D

Back