• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

french lops

hi, i have got a litter of 9 frenchies ,7 weeks old but i think i will have to hang onto them for more than 10 weeks they are really small,had to take them away from mum at 6 weeks because she was getting fed up of them any ideas how i can fatten them up cheers :(

hmm babies..

Not sure what is advisable for babies but I give porridge to my underweight bunny (oats soaked in cooled boiled water), and extra pellets :wave:

Maybe ask on a breeding forum as the people on there are more likely to know what to do about litters.

You might get a couple of people that can assist, however most of us have no experience as we are rescue orientated and luckily don't have to deal with kittens.

Some of the rescues on here will have plenty of advice and experience with this, I would imagine. Wait a bit as they prob haven't spotted this thread yet.

Hi :wave: I hand reared baby bunnies from a week old and I used to give mine kitten milk called lactol in their bottles and then as they got older they would drink it from a regular bottle and bowl. Hope that helps

At this age don't add any supplements. Oats is a good suggestion, and, as Jane says, I also wonder what you're feeding them.

hi, i have got a litter of 9 frenchies ,7 weeks old but i think i will have to hang onto them for more than 10 weeks they are really small,had to take them away from mum at 6 weeks because she was getting fed up of them any ideas how i can fatten them up cheers :(

are u going to be selling them on here?

At 8 weeks old they should weigh at least 1kilo. Whilst not ideal it isn't the end of the world that they were taken away from mum at 6 weeks as they don't feed from her at that age.

Giants need more protein to grow, and so Allen and Page pellets are best for them. They should thrive on it. At that age I'd give an unlimited amount to them, as they're growing.

I'm not a breeder though.

What mix are you feeding ?

Also, will you be doing Homechecks on the people you sell the Kits to ?

Have you consulted the Vet re getting all the Kits Vaccinations done ?

Back