• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on Re-homing

Lessie

Alpha Buck
Hi,

This is not for me but on behalf of my aunty.

Sadly and annoyingly she has decided to re-home one of her rabbits. So she has seeked for some advice from me. I gave her my opinion and advice.
However she still thinks it's best to re-home him.

Basically she's got 2 male un neutered rabbits which are her two little girls. They are fighting and humping a lot obviously and in some cases there have been so deep cuts and fur pulling so I've been told. I have already urged her to separate them for time being and get them both done, to a least calm them down and possibly to solve the problem rather than choosing the easiest option.

So I have no choice but to help her out. I couldn't not help her out as I would hate to know if he's gone to the wrong home. I'd love to take him in but I just simply can't.

But I have absolutely no idea but how to rehome or any important advice to give her regarding re-homing. So I thought I'd ask you all.

What's the best thing to do and how to 're-home' him?

I will pass all the messages to her.

Such a sad and typical situation unfortunately. Sorry to annoy you about this. I am as angry and upset as you probably are.

But like I said I want what's best for these rabbits so I will help out as much as I can.

Thank-you,
Lessie

Last edited:
Hi, firstly well done on asking for advice. This is the right place to find out as much as possible.

I can't stop on too long.......sorry.

I notice that you are in Rugby, is your Auntie nearby also? The reason being that Tracey from Rabbit and Guinea Pig welfare is based in Rugby. She is a well respected and experienced in rescueing and re-homing rabbits and guinea pigs.

From the re-homing side of things why not contact her? I am sure she will be more than happy to help.

Got to go now but, didn't want to just read and run.

Best of luck. x

Last edited:
You could also put him in the Rabbit Rehome section on here and you could maybe tdo the home check if someone near you wanted him.

So sorry you have been put in this situation but you are trying your best.

Back