• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats going on in Millys room?

lousilverfox

Mama Doe
So its now been 24 hours since Milly has been allowed to live and roam free in her own room instead of a cage.

Checked on her twice today with fresh hay etc, shes ate some of the wallpaper off the walls:shock: she has moved her hide where she sleeps and pulled her blanket out

she is now sleeping ontop of her blanket, dont think she really wants to sleep in her hide anymore, should i move it to allow for more space?

Also there is a really strang smell in the box room that was not there before when she was in her cage, is she scent marking? do does do that?

Shes litter trained but not spayed, thats next on my to do list

Went to pet shop and bought her a rattan mat, hopefully that will stop her eating the wallpaper:D

So its now been 24 hours since Milly has been allowed to live and roam free in her own room instead of a cage.

Checked on her twice today with fresh hay etc, shes ate some of the wallpaper off the walls:shock: she has moved her hide where she sleeps and pulled her blanket out

she is now sleeping ontop of her blanket, dont think she really wants to sleep in her hide anymore, should i move it to allow for more space?

Also there is a really strang smell in the box room that was not there before when she was in her cage, is she scent marking? do does do that?

Shes litter trained but not spayed, thats next on my to do list

Went to pet shop and bought her a rattan mat, hopefully that will stop her eating the wallpaper:D

Some buns just eat wallpaper :?

I'd leave the room as she wants it, Biscuit my little man likes things in certain places. If i move a toy, its soon back where he wants it after a while.

The smell could be scent marking - is it amonia? Does it smell like that? If you have her spayed, she will (most of the time) stop spraying, which could be the smell :)

it sounds like she is having a great time in there! :D

i doubt anything will stop her eating the wallpaper now she has 'discovered' it! when you say a strange smell... rabbits do have a smell which you don't always notice outside or in bigger rooms. it could be the hay, food, litter tray or all combined.

mine like the wallpaper in the living room - so do the chinchillas :shock: I would block it off at the bottoms of the wall with bits of run, cardboard, wood etc.

Tinkerbell ate the wallpaper at our old house. We stripped it all and just painted it! :lol::lol:

Back