• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I despair

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
sometimes it just all seems too much
just found a local ad for a "hobbist breeder"..stupid term normally means don't know what they're doing..near me
Breeding nethies, lionlops and crossbreeds..the x's are from bunnies she has bought and in her words "not sure what breed " ..but she has still bred them..and is selling the babies for £5..also has some advertised as " ready for Easter"

as if that isn't bad enough can also make hutches to order..all of 3 foot long...does also have 4 foot ones....flimsy wood and no bolts
Makes me so mad that people like this can churn out animals wihout knowing anything about breeding and either ignoring or unaware of the animals needs:censored::censored:

:(:(:(:(

:evil::evil::evil:

:censored::censored::censored:

Please send me details of this person so that I can send them some literature.....

Last edited:
:cry::cry: They either have no idea or don't care about the consequences:censored:

I've seen some ads on free ads near me for a 'rescue' who sometimes 'breds for fun' with the rabbits handed in to them. They currently say they are 'full at the moment' - that would be with the baby giants they've been breeding then :evil:

:cry::cry: They either have no idea or don't care about the consequences:censored:

I've seen some ads on free ads near me for a 'rescue' who sometimes 'breds for fun' with the rabbits handed in to them. They currently say they are 'full at the moment' - that would be with the baby giants they've been breeding then :evil:

A combination of both I think :(

:cry: there is a breeder near me who is constantly 'getting rid of stock', 'downsizing' or trying to flog her disgusting used hutches that are only suitable for firewood

It just baffles me, how can breeding be 'fun'? and surely they don't make any real profit :?

:cry::cry::cry: I just don't understand what "fun" there is in breeding animals. I think its rubbish and just an excuse for being mercenary.

the term 'hobbyist' drives me insane!!!

how can people consider things like this a hobby?!!! what's wrong with reading a book or going for walks - anything that doesn't involve subjecting living creatures to possibly awful conditions:evil: how is that fun?:censored:

Back