• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do bunnies know if they are siblings??

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Do they?? Even if there has been a few months separation??
Or am I being daft????????

I think so, I had to seperate Mr T and Maria during their 'ops' and after they went straight back together without much trouble :love:

I think it depends on the bunnies. I don't think they necessarily consciously know they are siblings, but they might, on an instinctive level, 'get on'.

That said, if I tried to tell my seven they were siblings they would kill not only each other, but also me :lol:

I think so. We are pretty sure that Jasmine and Daphne are siblings and they have a very unique relationship, sometimes they don't get on at all, but then they pine when they are separated :lol: a lot like human siblings can be.

I think there is perhaps a familiar smell - individual bunny odour probably has some kind of genetic involvement so although they all smell different, I bet family members have enough similarity that they can often perhaps recognise it as familiar in some way and therefore are more accepting?

I think there is perhaps a familiar smell - individual bunny odour probably has some kind of genetic involvement so although they all smell different, I bet family members have enough similarity that they can often perhaps recognise it as familiar in some way and therefore are more accepting?

Thats soothing to know.:D:D:D

I'm sure Dan & Clo know they're brothers :)

They have a different type of relationship to what Blackie & Butters had, which was definitely father and rather naughty son :lol:

I don't think Mini and Mischa realise they are father and daughter but I think the relationship means they have very similar personalities which means they really click.

I definitely believe some bunnies do....all my family pairs have gone back together after neutering with absolutely no trouble at all.

They've have a much closer bond that those not related

I've had sisters and brothers seperated and re-introduced and they all attacked each other :( Not sure if this means they've 'forgotten' they're siblings or they're just territorial though

Back