• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best way deal with evil bun

breeze

Mama Doe
well my dream of having a conti has half come true.my oh boss daughter is rehoming hers due to going to university and she cant cope with her.only trouble is she is evil!:shock: shes lived the high life,giant shed with free run of a large garden since she was 10wks old but never been handled or stroked.just left to play in garden.so when you approach her she grunts at you and charges :shock: you cant stroke her and as for picking her up dont even think about it.shes nearly 6mths old.if i got her and got her neutered straight away would it calm her down?and hows best calm her?

She's probably just fearful of being handled. On "my pet shame" there was a giant rabbit who was similarly agressive. You could try some of the techniques they used: grooming her with a brush on a pole to get her used to being stroked. Putting the food down some distance from her so she doesn't lunge at you. Sitting camly with her and let her come up to you and reward her with some tasty noms. But avoid foods that are high in sugars. :D

I think if you are prepared to spend a bit of time with her, little and often you can end up with a really happy bun. My muffin was a bit like this to begin with and now he is a cutie. He still grunts at me sometimes- usually if he thinks i haven't given enough pellets :lol:

Back