• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New here!!!

Kellybek

New Kit
:wave:
Hi everyone! I'm Kelly and i just signed up to this yesterday recommended by a friend!

:D

Last edited:
Thankyou :) i have had rabbits as pets for years :D saw one of my babies for the first time properly today, he poked his head out the nest when i went to check on them :D looks just like his dad! i will try and get some pictures on later :D

Last edited:
I think you'll find that most people here are anti breeding. There are approx 35000 unwanted rabbits in rescues and really, it is unnecessary and irresponsible to breed.

I hope we can help you come to the decision that this is very wrong. :)

ETA: Who recommended this site? (I'd like to thank them :lol: )

Well i am breeding to keep them as pets as i love my rabbits and i will only be doing this once just to keep the babies i have 4 large hutches which me and my dad have built :D

Well i am breeding to keep them as pets as i love my rabbits and i will only be doing this once just to keep the babies i have 4 large hutches which me and my dad have built :D

Why not rescue for pets? :wave:

There's a lot of dangers with breeding too. I'm sure other members will be able to advise and help. We are a really friendly bunch on here and will be only to keen on letting you know why you are putting your does in great danger and not really looking out for their best interests. I've known members go from potential breeder to more or less a rescue centre! :lol::lol::lol:

Attitudes and views on rabbit keeping have changed greatly since your dads day too :thumb:

Best wishes to all your buns xxx

I understand what you are saying but as i said i am only doing this once to keep the babies, and both moms and babies are doing really well :D i wont have the room to do it a second time lol but it is a beautiful thing to experience and i love them all :)
Thanks xXx

Will you be neutering/spaying and vaccinating all buns now?

I don't think any bun needs 'just one litter' tbh. Wishing the mummy and baby buns all the best and I really hope they are ok. How old are the kits? x

I will be yes once they are finished nursing. I appreciate you are entitled to your opinion but i dont feel very welcome here! i take good care of my pets and it is a beautiful experience to see my lovely rabbits babies being brought into this world into such a loving home :love: they are small litters so mums are doing fine. Honeys kits are 10 days old and just starting to open their eyes, and Mixy's kits are 5 days old. All healthy and well. x

I'm sorry, I don't want to make you feel unwelcome. I'm sure you are a brill bunny owner and I do hope you make use of this fantastic site. :)

Wow, how many kits are in each litter? Sounds like you may need more than 4 hutches unless they are massiiiiive!

I know everyone means the best and are just trying to give advice thats in the best interest of her buns but everyone has jumped on her rather quickly and shes only just joined it would have been better to let her settle explain things more and then slowly start suggesting things as otherwise this happens as she said she feels targeted and doesnt feel welcome......

I know everyone means the best and are just trying to give advice thats in the best interest of her buns but everyone has jumped on her rather quickly and shes only just joined it would have been better to let her settle explain things more and then slowly start suggesting things as otherwise this happens as she said she feels targeted and doesnt feel welcome......

:thumb: Well said!

Guys this is a new member, please don't jump on them.

Welcome Kelly, I hope you enjoy the forum :wave:

I was trying to offer the hand of friendship so to speak. But yes, we are a friendly lot and may have concerns but we are here to help and advise and i am so sorry if i scared Kellybek off. Would looove to see pics of Honey and Mixy. :wave:

Back