• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

being early/late with vacs

Grin

Wise Old Thumper
Do you think it's ok to be 2 weeks early with one bun for their vaccs and 2 weeks late with another?

I was just thinking of staggering their vaccs dates so that it's not a huge cost in one month. Obviously, if i am putting them at risk then i wont do it but i wondered if there was a 2 week margin of safety either way?

What do you think?

I don't think 2 weeks will make much difference tbh.

We did exactly this but for the totally opposite reason in that we wanted all 5of our buns to be vaccinated at the same time to save on the journeys. 2 had their jabs a few weeks early and 1 was a little bit late so that they coincided with the middle 2....if you get my drift!

:D

I sooo wish i'd thought of this before! :lol: Actually, i did but i thought the stress of 2 vet trips would be worse than one trip but watching them last night was horrible - normally, one looks after the other but last night they both needed looking after - i think i will split them next time for this reason too.

They both need a nail trim soon (next month or so) but thats not as traumatic as a jab and i dont mind taking them together for that.

It should/will be fine. The vaccination doesn't just 'stop' after 6 months (myxi) or 1yr (VHD) :)

I've done the same, but mine was to consolidate them into less trips as currently all 11 are due on different dates. :lol:

Back