• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rex molting?

robynbyn

Warren Scout
so bunbun is a full mini rex, and fluffy is a 3/4 mini rex X new zealand mix...i noticed that fluffy's coat is the same length as buns, but no where near as soft.. shes got the curly whiskers and curly neck hair of a rex, but the texture is off.. any who.. when fluffy molts, she gets the molt line, you can see where the fur has already been groomed out... bunbun doesnt get this, you just tend to get fuzzy hands when you pet her.. is this a normal rex thing, or is she just odd?

I only have the experience with one Rex bun (my gorgeous Gilbert)
He tends to have two types of moult.
For his big moult he gets really tufty & looks really scrappy & awful then his lines finally show when his moult is nearly finished.
For a more minor moult its as you describe with Bunbun.
There are others on RU with lots more Rex experience so they will probably relate their buns moults as well.

I have two mini rexes. When Milly moults, she gets a moult line. When Molly moults, she just moults bits out and never gets a moult line. Don't know what causes this.

Back